Chapter 13

Katherine and I rode Nightmare to my village I took Katherine to my favorite bakery and got us each a slice of apple pie it reminded me of my mother's apple pie after we left the bakery Katherine and I went to the bookshop and bought us a few books. Katherine and I left the shop I put her back on my horse Nightmare I climbed onto the saddle and grabbed the reins and headed back to the castle when we arrived back at the castle I climbed off Nightmare and helped Katherine down. I led Nightmare back into the stable I cleaned him up and put him back into his stall I gave Nightmare fresh water and feed I picked Katherine up so she could feed Nightmare an apple we left the stable and walked inside the castle. When Katherine and I walked inside my room a chill ran down my spine it looked like a fight or struggle took place in the living room there was blood on the floor. 

"Damon!!" I called. 

I heard my door open I turned around and saw Queen Alexandria come into my room she looked as if she'd been crying. 

"Your Majesty where's Damon?" 

"The King had him thrown into jail he plans to have him executed tomorrow at dawn." 

"Your Majesty I won't let that happen I will get Damon back I promise please look after Katherine for me and Damon." I said. 

Queen Alexandria left my room with Katherine I walked into my dressing room I strapped my sword to my side and strapped my poison darts to my belt I tucked a knife into my boot and strapped my daggers to legs I put on my cloak to hide my weapons I sat down at my dressing table and braided my hair. I quietly left my room and pulled the hood of my cloak over my head to hide my face I made my way down to the dungeon I didn't see or hear any guards I searched each prison cell for Damon I heard footsteps coming down the cement steps I hid behind a stack of hay and kept quiet. 

"Do you think the King will really execute his own son?" A male voice asked. 

"I doubt the King will kill the heir to the throne and I don't think he would make the Queen watch another child be killed in front of her." A deep male voice said. 

I stayed in my hiding spot until I knew it was safe to come out, I heard footsteps walking back up the steps. 

"I know your hiding so you might as well come out." 

I stepped out from behind the hay stack and stood face to face with the captain of the guard.

"I want to help you save the prince's life." The deep male voice said. 

"Why should I trust you?" I asked bitterly. 

"I can't bare to let the Queen watch another child die at the hands of the King." 

"What?" 

"The King killed his own daughter and forced the Queen to watch while pregnant with the crown Prince." He explained. 

"Help me save Damon's life." I said.

"I'm Eil Nighmourn." 

"I'm Lydia Covendew." 

Eil led me to Damon's cell and passed me a key I unlocked the cell door and quietly opened the door I stepped into the cell hay crunched beneath my boots Damon was huddled up in the corner of the cell I knelt down in front of him and removed my hood. My heart broke when I saw Damon's face his lip was split, he has two black eyes and his nose was broken I was going to make the King pay for hurting Damon. 

"Damon, I came to save you and I will make that bastard of a King pay for hurting you." I said. 

"Lydia, my father has gone crazy don't face him please because he will kill you." Damon begged. 

"I don't have a choice because he is going to have you executed at dawn and I can't let that happen because I love you and I will fight for our love." 

"I love you my beautiful warrior." 

Eil gave me supplies to use to clean Damon's wounds I cleaned up his lip and tended to his broken nose I kissed Damon's cheek and left his cell I pulled my hood back over my head and left the dungeon and went searching for King Lucas. I heard the King talking I followed the sound of his voice and stopped outside of the closed double doors and listened to the King talk to a few of his men.

"Gawis, Amas, and Lawas you three had a simple job to kill the Covendew's but you let the girl escape and you never found her," King Lucas said angrily. 

"Your Majesty we tried to find the Covendew girl her own friend wouldn't tell us anything." Gawis explained. 

"Your right that girl is tough she told me to go to hell as I was bedding her." 

"Is she with child?" 

"Yes, the Covendew girls' friend is with child a little girl and Esrufunn had a baby boy sadly they both died." the King said. 

I felt my anger rising and my blood felt like it was boiling I heard footsteps and hid behind a potted plant and kept quiet when I didn't hear the footsteps I moved from behind the pot and opened the double doors and walked into the room. I removed my hood the King and the three guards were shocked to see me they were speechless I stared the men down and showed no sign of emotion. 

"It's the Covendew girl she's been in the castle the whole time." Amas said shocked. 

"She has been living right under our noses the whole time!!!!!!!" King Lucas bellowed. 

Lawas, Amas, and Gawis unsheathed their swords I drew out my poison darts and took them down fast and easy I looked at King Lucas and unsheathed my sword and gave him an icy stare I stared him down like a wild-animal stares down their prey. 

"Put the sword down peasant bitch." 

"Go to hell you son of a bitch." 

"Do you think you can kill me?" The King asked. 

"I know I can kill you." I said matter of factually.

King Lucas took Lawas's sword and challenged me to a dual I dodged his blows I caught the King off guard and made contact with his arm he gripped his injured arm it was like the King didn't know how to use a sword or to move without getting hit with my sword. 

"You'll pay for this girl." 

"You never touched me yet." 

King Lucas charged at me I danced out of the way I returned the blow with my sword and made my final blow and beheaded him his body fell to the floor I wiped off my sword on my cloak the captain of the guard came into the room. 

"Let's go get Damon." Eil said. 

I followed Captain Eli back down to the dungeon we walked over to Damon's cell and unlocked it I opened the door and stepped inside the cell I knelt down in front of Damon and kissed him.

"Your free my love."

"You killed my father?"

"Yes, I killed your father." I explained.

"Where's Katherine?" Damon asked worried. 

"Katherine is fine she is with your mom." 

Captain Eil and I helped Damon out of his cell and helped Hondedea out of her cell the captain took Hondedea to the infirmary I helped Damon to our room and helped him into the bathing chamber when we were finished in the bathing chamber, I helped Damon into bed I climbed into bed and fell asleep.