Chapter 3

I was in the stable grooming Nightmare when Damon walked over and watched me groom my horse, I saddled Nightmare up to take him out for his usual run. 

"Damon, would you like to join me?" I asked.

"I wish I could I have a meeting this morning with my father." Damon said. 

I led Nightmare out of the stable and climbed onto the saddle I grabbed the reins he started to gallop when I was finished taking Nightmare for his run, I took him back to the stable and gave him a bath. I put him in his stall I gave Nightmare food and water I gave him a few sugar cubes and left the stable I walked back inside the castle and walked up the stairs to my bedroom I opened the door and walked into my room Damon was sitting on my bed.

"How did you get in?" 

"Snuck in."

"How did the meeting with your father go?" I asked curiously. 

"We need to find a way to stop my father because he wants to raise taxes on the shop owners." Damon said. 

"Are you going to tell me why you like to sneak into my room?"

"I sneak in here because I like you more than just as a friend." 

I was a little shocked by Damon's confession I was a little flattered that he said he liked me more than just as a friend. 

"Damon, I'm flattered but we can't be together you're a crown Prince I'm nothing but a peasant's daughter." I explained. 

"I am willing to give up being a Royal to be with you." Damon blurted.

"Are you willing to give up everything just to be with me?" 

"Yes, because I want to be with you no matter what."

I walked over to my private reading area and searched through the books to find a way to stop King Lucas from raising taxes on the shop owners but found nothing. 

"Damon, can you show me to the library?" I asked. 

"Of course, I'll show you to the library." He replied. 

Damon and I left my room he led me down a set of steps and walked down a hallway Damon opened the huge oak double doors I followed him into the library I was shocked at the size of the library and rows of upon rows of book cases. 

"Follow me and I will take you to the Royal Family section." 

I followed Damon and he led me to the Royal Family section, the section about the Royal Family was on the upper level of the library Damon and I searched book after book for any useful information on how to stop King Lucas from raising taxes on the peasants and shop owners.

"Elena there's something I wanted to ask you." Damon said.

"What did you want to ask me?" I asked curiously. 

"Would you like to come to my birthday ball tomorrow night?" 

"I would be happy to attend." 

I searched every document about King Lucas and found nothing useful Damon and I gave up searching in the library we left the library Damon walked me back to my room. 

"Good-night Elena." He said. 

"Good-night Damon." I replied. 

I opened the door to my bedroom and walked inside I closed the door behind me I climbed into bed and fell asleep.