Chapter 21

Katherine and I were outside with her dragon Katherine decided to name her dragon Chossa meaning Eternal Fire she was teaching Chossa the simple tasks of how to be a dragon I watched on proudly as Katherine trained Chossa I heard footsteps approaching I felt Damon wrap his arms around my waist. 

"Katherine is teaching Chossa how to be a dragon." I said. 

"How is Chossa's  training going?" Damon asked. 

"Chossa seems to be following Katherine's commands." 

Damon and I watched Katherine train Chossa she seemed at ease with Chossa when Katherine was finished training Chossa she sat down on the grass and pet Chossa and kissed her head.

"Katherine bring Chossa inside and we'll have some hot coco." I said. 

"Mommy, Chossa doesn't like it inside she likes it better outside." Katherine explained. 

"Chossa can stay outside and you can visit her anytime you want." 

Katherine, Damon, and I walked back inside the mansion we hung up our cloaks and walked into the dining room Damon, Katherine, and I sat down at the table we sipped hot coco and ate a slice of Dutch Apple Pie I grabbed a napkin and cleaned Katherine's face. 

"Daddy, I want to raise abandon baby dragons and train them." Katherine said. 

"It's a lot of work to raise baby dragons." Damon explained.

"I'm raising Chossa and she's a baby dragon." 

Katherine looked at me with tear filled and pleading eyes I knew what she was about to ask me. 

"Mommy can I please raise abandon baby dragons?" She asked. 

"Of course, sweetie." I said. 

"Lydia, have you lost your mind dragons are dangerous and you're going to let our daughter raise them!!" 

"I'm not telling Katherine that she can't do something that she cares about." 

"Fine when our daughter gets hurt or killed by a dragon don't come running to me!!" Damon shouted.

Damon got up from the table and left the dining room Katherine and I finished eating our pie and drinking our hot coco when we were finished eating Katherine and I walked into the sitting room we sat down on the couch. 

"Mommy does daddy hate me?" 

"Of course, not sweetie your father loves you very much." 

Damon came into the sitting room and sat next to Katherine she refused to look at Damon, Katherine climbed onto my lap she laid her head on chest I softly sang to her she fell asleep I got up off the couch and left the sitting room. I carried Katherine upstairs to her room and gently laid her down on her bed I left Katherine's room and walked back downstairs to the sitting room I walked into the sitting room and joined Damon on the couch. 

"Katherine thinks you hate her." I said.

"I don't hate Katherine and I didn't mean to upset her I am only looking out for her safety." Damon replied. 

"Babe, you can't protect Katherine forever I know raising dragons are dangerous but this is something she wants to do." 

"I see your point love and if Katherine wants to raise dragons she can." 

I kissed his cheek and laid my head on his shoulder Damon wrapped his arm around me I laid my head on his chest I wanted to tell Damon about his sister but I didn't know how to bring up the subject about the dead sister he knew nothing about.