Chapter 9

I was having my morning porridge when Damon came into my private dining room and joined me at the table.

"Katherine is still sound asleep?"

"I think she is tired from having fun with you yesterday."

"Lydia, would you like to go to the Winter Solstice Ball with me?" Damon asked nervously.

"I would love to attend the ball with you." I said happily. 

"You and Katherine are welcomed to come to my room anytime you want." 

"I would love to see your room."

Katherine came into the dining room she walked over to me I picked her up and sat her on my lap and shared my porridge with Katherine, Damon looked at her and smiled after breakfast I was getting Katherine dressed, we left the dressing room Katherine sat down at my dressing table I brushed her hair and braided it.

"Mommy, I want to go with daddy." Katherine said.

"Katherine, I'm not going anywhere." Damon said. 

I sat down on the couch with Damon, Katherine was sitting on the floor playing with her toys I got a fire going in the fire place Damon and I were snuggling on the couch together I walked over to the french doors that lead out to the balcony and looked out the window it was starting to snow. I put Katherine down for a nap and laid her down on the bed I sat beside Damon on the couch he held my hand and kissed my cheek I felt my cheeks grow warm. 

"Damon how the hell are we going to stop your father we don't have a plan or anything."

"I agree but my father hasn't called for a meeting because Esrufunn is close to giving birth she's due any day now." 

"If I find out you ever bedded a maid and got her with child behind my back, we will be through." I said.

"I would never do that because I want to be with you and no one else." Damon explained. 

"I have never been in love before." 

"I haven't either any of the girls that wanted to be with me didn't really want to be with me for who I am as a person they wanted to be with me because I am a Royal." 

When Katherine woke up from her nap Damon and I sat down on the floor and played with her we had dinner in my private dining room Katherine was starting to get tired Damon and I got her ready for bed after Katherine was asleep, I walked into the bathing chamber. When I was finished in the bathing chamber I walked back into my room and joined Damon on the couch.

"I'll take Katherine with me tomorrow when I go to get fit for a ball gown." I said. 

"That's fine and you can stop by the bookshop as well." Damon replied. 

"Damon is something wrong?"

"I want to be alone with you but it's kind of hard to do since we have a child to raise." 

I felt the same way because I wanted to be alone with Damon as well but I can't because I have Katherine to look after Damon got up off the couch and kissed my cheek. 

"Damon wait don't go I feel the same way that you do I want to be alone with you too I know it's hard to get me alone because of Katherine but maybe during the Winter Solstice Ball we can slip away somewhere private and it will be just the two of us." I explained. 

"I would like that very much and sleep well Lydia." Damon said with a smile in his voice. 

Damon left my room and closed the door softly behind himself I climbed into bed with Katherine and blew out the candle and fell asleep.