Chapter 24

The next morning when I woke up, I glanced over at Damon he was starting to wake up he leaned over and kissed my cheek. 

"It's our first Noel together." Damon said. 

"It sure is." I replied.

"We'll have to attend Noel mass later this morning in the castle chapel." 

"But I'm not religious." 

"We still have to attend my love." He replied. 

"I'll make the best of it." I responded.

Damon kissed me and brushed the back of his finger against my cheek Katherine came into mine and Damon's room she climbed up on the bed and snuggled in between Damon and I. 

"Mommy, I miss Chossa." 

"You'll see Chossa tomorrow when we go home." 

Damon, Katherine, and I climbed out of bed I put on a silk robe we left our room and walked downstairs to the sitting room Damon, Katherine, and I walked into the sitting room Queen Alexandria looked at us and smiled we sat down on the floor and opened our Noel gifts. 

"Your Majesty, your son proposed to me last night." I said happily. 

"Congratulations Damon and Lydia I am so happy for you too I was starting to wonder when my son would ask you to marry him." Queen Alexandria replied proudly.

When we were finished opening our gifts we had breakfast in the dining room with the staff after breakfast Damon, Katherine, and I walked back upstairs I took Katherine to her room and helped her get dressed. I dressed Katherine in a royal blue gown with matching shoes she sat down at her dressing table I walked over to Katherine.

"Mommy, can you please style my hair into a bun?" 

"Of course."

I brushed Katherine's hair and styled her hair into a bun Damon came into the room and walked over to me with a necklace in his hands. 

"Katherine, daddy has a surprise for you." I said. 

When I was finished styling Katherine's hair Damon placed the necklace around Katherine's neck, she looked at her father and smiled I left Katherine's room I walked into mine and Damon's room I walked into the dressing room I put on a powder blue gown and matching shoes I left the dressing room. I sat down at the dressing table I brushed my hair and styled my hair I piled my hair on top of my head and placed a matching powder blue hat on my head I put on my white gloves Damon came into the room.

"Love, I don't like that color on you." 

"What colors do you prefer me to wear?"

"You look beautiful in red, blue, royal blue, and purple." Damon said. 

I removed the gloves I got up from the dressing table I walked back into the dressing room and changed out of the powder blue gown I put on a corset and put on a gossamer gown with matching color heels I left the dressing room Damon walked over to me and removed the hat from my head.

"You look beautiful." 

"Thank you, babe but I need a hat to wear for the Noel mass this morning." 

"No, you don't my dear." Damon explained. 

"Why not?" I asked. 

"Show the world your beautiful face and besides those hats aren't becoming on you." 

"I'll go without a hat." 

Damon and I left our room we walked downstairs The Queen and Katherine were waiting for us Katherine, Damon, and I followed Queen Alexandria to the castle chapel we walked inside the chapel and took our seats in a pew Hondedea and Captain Eil came into the chapel and sat in the pew with Damon and I.