Chapter 11

It was a chilly morning and cloudy morning Damon and I were taking a walk around the castle grounds I could see him fighting the urge to touch me. 

"My mother slept in her room last night it seems my mother wants to keep a close eye on my father." Damon explained. 

"It seems your mother doesn't trust your father." I acknowledged. 

As Damon and I were walking around the grounds we spotted a strange looking carriage arrive at the castle Damon and I hid behind a rose bush and spotted a figure exit the carriage in shackles a chill ran down my spine at the sight of seeing my friend. Damon and I stayed hidden until the carriage left the castle, he grabbed my hand and led me back the way we came Damon and I walked back inside the castle I followed him to his mother's room we walked inside his mother's room Queen Alexandria was sitting on the floor playing with Katherine.

"Mom, Lydia and I saw a strange carriage outside the carriage brought Lydia's friend and she's in shackles." 

"Damon calm down and let me handle this."

"Your Majesty my friend is dressed like a lady of the night from a brothel." I said. 

"It seems my husband likes to fool around first the maid now this!!!" Queen Alexandria said angrily. 

Damon and I took Katherine back to my room I was sitting on the couch with Katherine reading to her while Damon went to get his belongings. 

"Mommy." 

"Yes sweetie." 

"Grandmom gave me a pony so I can go riding with you and daddy." Katherine said. 

"Did you have fun with grandmom?" I asked. 

"I had a lot of fun with grandmom." 

Damon came back into my room with his clothes Katherine followed him into the dressing room Damon walked over to the couch holding Katherine he sat down beside me I looked at him and smiled. 

"Katherine what surprise did my mom give you?" Damon asked curiously. 

"Grandmom gave me my own room." Katherine said happily. 

"Can daddy and I see your room?" 

"Yes." 

Katherine led Damon and I over to a door in my room I opened the door and walked into the room Katherine sat down on her bed. 

"It's beautiful sweetie." I replied. 

"Thank you, mommy." Katherine said. 

Damon, Katherine, and I went back to my room we sat down on the couch Katherine climbed onto my lap and fell asleep. 

"We have to eat dinner in the dining room as a family." 

"This should be fun." 

When it was time for dinner Damon, Katherine, and I walked downstairs to the Royal Family's private dining room we walked into the dining room King Lucas and Queen Alexandria were already sitting at the long table Katherine hid behind me.

"Damon when I said we were together as a family I did not mean that you bring Lady Elena and the child." King Lucas said in an annoyed voice. 

"I asked them to join us for dinner. What do you have against Lady Elena and Katherine?" Damon asked defensively. 

"She is to motherly to that child and the child calls her cousin mommy." 

"Your Majesty with all due respect I treat Katherine as if she were my own daughter and I love her very much." 

King Lucas looked at me with disdain Katherine stayed close to Damon and I we sat down at the table I felt uneasy around the King but I didn't let my uneasiness show. 

"I received word that your ex-girlfriend is marrying a nobleman's son." King Lucas said in Damon's direction. 

"Cassandra was never my girlfriend you wanted us together because she's royal blood." Damon said annoyed. 

I played with my food and pretended not to care what Damon and his father were talking about. 

"Lady Elena is there a problem with the food in front of you is the food not good enough for you?" 

"No, your Majesty I'm just not very hungry." 

I got up from the table and left the dining room with Katherine we walked back upstairs to my room Katherine and I walked inside my room I got her ready for bed after she was sleeping, I was sitting on the couch when someone was knocking at my door. 

"Go away Damon." I said. 

"It's not Damon." A female voice replied. 

I got up and opened the door Queen Alexandria came into the room and closed the door behind herself we sat down on the couch. 

"I would like to apologize for my husband's behavior at dinner I know your angry at Damon but when he said that Cassandra was never his girlfriend, he wasn't lying I have never seen my son this happy before you seem to be the girl he has been searching for." 

"Damon makes me very happy as well I never thought that I would ever find happiness." 

Queen Alexandria left my room Damon came into the room and joined me on the couch I got up off the couch and walked into the bathing chamber Damon came into the bathing chamber he looked at me and smiled. 

"Do you hate me?" Damon asked. 

"Of course, not I don't hate you, my love." I said. 

"I'm really sorry about my father." 

"Your father really seems to hate me for some reason." 

"My father thinks you're not good enough for me but my father can go to hell if he thinks that I am going with a royal." He said. 

Damon wrapped his arms around my waist I wrapped my arms around his neck he leaned in and kissed me I felt the electrical current run through my body when I was finished in the bathing chamber, I put on a slip dress and walked back into my room Damon was lying in bed I climbed into bed and snuggled up beside him. 

"You look beautiful as always." Damon said with a smile in his voice.

"Aww thank you, you look handsome as always." I replied blushing. 

Damon blew out the candle we kissed each other good-night and went to sleep.