Chapter 17

When I woke up last night's events came rushing back to me, I just laid in bed and smiled happily I replayed last night in my mind over and over I felt my cheeks grow warm Damon was starting to stir. 

"I love it when you blush. Would you like the tonic?" 

"I don't want a tonic I want to carry your child." 

"Would you like to move back into your family's cottage?" Damon asked.

"I would love to." I replied. 

Damon and I climbed out of bed and got dressed we started packing up our clothes and putting them into trunks I helped him pack up his books when Damon and I were finished packing our belongings we went to Katherine's room and packed up her belongings. I helped Katherine get dressed and helped her put on her cloak I put on my cloak Katherine held my hand we left her room Damon, Katherine and I walked downstairs Queen Alexandria was waiting for us at the front door. 

"Good-bye my son please look after Lydia and Katherine." 

"I will look after my girls I promise I also promise that we will come for a visit." 

"Good-by Lydia, thank you for coming into Damon's life I never thought I would ever see him truly happy you and Katherine make him very happy." Queen Alexandria said tearfully. 

"Good-bye Your Majesty thank you for being motherly towards me I am very great full to have met you and I will take great care of Damon and Katherine." I sniffled. 

Damon and I hugged his mother good-bye Katherine hugged her grandmother good-bye she looked up with tear filled eyes I picked Katherine up and followed Damon out of the castle he helped me into the carriage with Katherine. Damon climbed into the carriage it started moving Damon reached over and held my hand I looked at him and smiled. 

"Nightmare, my stallion, and Katherine's pony are coming with us." 

"I wonder if Hondedea is going to stay at the castle with Captain Eil Nighmourn." 

"I have a feeling Eil will leave the castle and help Hondedea raise their daughter." Damon explained. 

"Do you know what the baby's name is?" I asked. 

"Hondedea named her daughter Madeline Elizabeth Nighmourn." 

When we arrived at my family's cottage Damon helped Katherine and I out of the carriage we unloaded our belongings from the carriage Damon, Katherine, and I walked inside my parent's cottage. 

"Lydia, I had the cottage worked on it needed a few repairs." He said. 

"I'm sure it did thank you for making the repairs." I replied. 

"Is something wrong?" 

"I don't want to be stuck in the past I knew what happened here I want to make new memories with you and Katherine."

"We could move into the mansion that was given to me on my eighteenth birthday." Damon explained. 

Damon, Katherine, and I loaded our belongings back into the carriage we climbed into the carriage Katherine was starting to get fussy. 

"Katherine come here sweetie." 

Katherine walked over to me I picked her up and and sat her on my lap she laid her head against my chest I kissed Katherine's head and softly sang to her. 

"Katherine fell asleep." Damon said. 

"I don't mind." I replied. 

"I'm glad to have you and Katherine in my life." 

"You are very fatherly towards Katherine you'll be a great father to your own children one day." I stated proudly. 

When we arrived at Damon's estate Damon helped me out of the carriage with Katherine, Damon and I walked up the front steps of the mansion we were greeted by the head maid Damon and I walked inside the mansion the head maid took our cloaks and walked away. 

"That was Victoria Freewood she's the head maid Alana Gisar, Hailea Longglade, Sore Rothasiel, Fodine Longflaw are maids Skylar Wiserock, Hondae Girdades and Patricia Lisan are midwives Cehone Highthorn, Oltomin Hassius, Yenill Freedew Devon Graybranch, Madodes Glowglow are servants and Maya Bluevalor is head servant Kaden Fessius is the chef. Love I'll show you to our rooms." 

I followed Damon up the marble steps draped with carpet we walked down a hard wood floor hallway he opened a closed door and led us into the room.

"This is Katherine's room. Do you think she'll like it?" Damon asked. 

"She'll love it." I said. 

I walked over to the bed and gently laid Katherine down on the bed and removed her shoes Damon and I left Katherine's room he took me by the hand and led me up the hallway Damon opened the french doors and led me into our room. 

"What do you think about the master bedroom?" 

"I love it very much I always wanted a master bedroom." 

Damon closed the french doors and locked them I looked at him and blushed I sat down on the edge of the bed Damon sat beside me. 

"Damon are we still going to the ball at your mother's castle?" I asked. 

"Of course, even though I am no longer a Royal we are still aloud to attend the ball." Damon said. 

Someone was knocking on the bedroom door I got up off the bed and answered the door the maids came into the room with mine and Damon's trunks and left the room Damon and I unpacked our trunks Katherine came into the room she walked over to me I picked her up and kissed her cheek. 

"Katherine did you have a nice nap?" 

"Yes, and I like my new room." 

"Let's go downstairs for dinner." He said. 

Damon and I left our room and carried Katherine downstairs to the private dining room we sat down at the table and ate dinner later on that night we just finished tucking Katherine into bed and Damon and I were relaxing on the couch in our bedroom I snuggled up beside Damon he wrapped his arm around me and kissed me. 

"I think we should go to bed because you can barely keep your eyes open." 

"It's been a long day." 

Damon and I got up off the couch and climbed into bed I blew out the candle and fell asleep.