Chapter 12: Lay helped me?

Kai's P.O.V.

I entered the classroom when I noticed the girls inside the classroom exiting one by one, with their devious face expressions plastered on their faces.

The classroom was empty when I got inside, and a girl who is weakly lying on the floor, curled up like a ball, and embracing her knees in pain caught my attention. I walked toward her and stood in front of her, blocking the sunlight ray on her face. It's Jaerim.

“Kai?” She said weakly, tears escaping her eyes again.

I looked at her, biting my lower lip. Sympathy. That's what I feel right now. I wanted to help her... but I can't. I just can't...

“I'm sorry.. for making everything worse.” I said, with my words full of insincerity in them but deep inside, I'm really sincere. Really, I am.

It's hard for me as well, to watch her in pain like this. Whenever I see her in pain... All I could think of is how mean I was to her back in middle school. I regret everything I did to her.. I regret everything..

And with that, I exited the classroom, not even helping her to stand or tried comforting her and as I exited, I walked along the hallway, trying to empty my mind... but I felt a wet fluid escaped my left eye. Is this a tear? Am I crying? I quickly wiped away the tear as soon as I felt it, rolled down my cheek. Shit! Why am I even crying?

Then Jaerim's face started flashing in my mind.. *sigh* Is it because of Jaerim? I really wanted to help her but I can't... Since I agreed to what Min-ah said, last night.

Flashback~

•Narrator•

Kai stopped the engine of his car in front of the huge gate of their mansion after he visited Sophie's condo unit. What caught his attention, is a very flawless and a sexy young lady sitting in front of their gate, wearing a short fitted sparkly gold dress with a pair of a gold stilettos as well. Kai got off his car and approached the sexy young lady.

“Miss?” Kai called out the girl, tapping her shoulder.

The girl lifted her head up and looked at Kai. “Kai! It's you~!” She said, standing up and immediately hugged Kai tightly.

“Min-ah? What are you doing here? Get off of me!” Kai said, furrowing his brows as he removed her hands around the nape of his neck. She's drunk. I could smell it in her breath. Kai thought.

“I'm here because I have something important to tell you.” She whispered seductively in his ear.

Kai just furrowed his brows, not even saying any word and just looked at the girl in front of her, oddly.

“Well. Here it goes.” Min-ah breathed in before she speaks. “We all know the rumour going on between you and Jaerim, right? It already spreaded around the whole campus, that you and her are having an affair behind Sophie's back. And if you want to save your engagement to Sophie... You need to avoid Jaerim.” Min-ah said, blinking her eyes repeatedly showing how really drunk she was, but all of her words were clear enough to understand.

“Or else?” Kai asked, uninterested.

“Or else, I'll tell Sophie everything. I don't care if Jaerim and you really have an affair or you're both just pretending.. but remember this Kai, Sophie always listens to me. No matter what I told her, she'll believe me because she fucking trust me too much.. And once I told her that, you'll lose Sophie. For real.

“Why are you doing this to me? What do you want?” Kai asked her calmly as he rolled his eyes at her.

“Simple. Because I love you, Kai. And I'll make sure to terminate everyone else.. So you could be mine. Mine only.” Min-ah said, caressing the guy's tanned cheek. “And after I'm done with Jaerim.. I'll find a way to break your precious relationship with Sophie.” Min-ah continued, retrieving her hand from caressing Kai's cheek and smirked evily. “I'll terminate them all, just to have you.”