Chapter 32: January 14th

Jaerim's P.O.V.

*January 14th; 2 P.M.*

I sighed as I looked at my iPod being so quiet and not ringing at all. Ever since this morning, I tried calling Kai since I want to greet him a happy birthday today via  videochat by to my dissapointment, he wasn't answering my calls nor videochat at all. I even sent him tons of messages but he isn't replying at all. I wonder what's up with him? 

I also tried calling Lay but he told me that Kai was busy with 'something'. Hmmm? Suspicious, right? I also called Kyungsoo and asked about Kai. He told me he wasn't updated nor hanging out with Kai these paassed few days. Kyungsoo and I talked for much longer hours. talked and I have to say, he's really talkative. He sure did miss me, huh? Haha! He even told me that he and Sophie are officially together now! Gosh! I'm so happy for them. I hope they'll have a happy relationship. 

As Kyungsoo told me everything about him and Sophie, I can't help but to envy them both. I really, really miss Kai. KAI!! WHERE IN THE EARTH ARE YOU? WHY WON'T YOU TALK TO ME? I massaged my temples to ease myself. I sat on the foot of the bed when I heard my phone rang. Rapidly, I checked my phone to see who texted me and damn, it was just Ash.

<"Hey, Jaerim! Wanna go to the mall? :)"> 

<"Hey. :) I'm not in the mood to go to the mall today, Ash. Sorry."> I replied.

<"Why? What's bothering you?"> She replied back.

<"Nothing."> I shortly replied.

<":/ Come on, Jaerim. Let's go to the mall. I really want to shop. :'( Please, Jaerim. :3"> She texted.

---------------------------

And the next thing I know, Ash, wearing a pink floral short dress and her favorite flats, went to our house to pick me up eventhough I don't want to go. Stubborn gal. I just wear a white crop top, my old jeans, and a pair of my blue low-cut sneakers.

We stroll around the mall and do some shopping too. Well, if she's gonna shop, I'm gonna shop too. We entered inside a petshop after we shopped on clothes, shoes and other stuffs.

"Isn't this cute, Jaerim?" She asked me as I was looking at the hamsters at the pet shop. I approached her and saw that she was pointing her finger at the cute brown toy poodle inside the small dog cage. 

"It's cute." I said, smiling at the puppy toy poodle. "Same skintone as Kai's skin." I suddenly said, still looking at the cute puppy.

I heard Ash's laughter cheekily to what I said. "Seriously? Same as your boyfie's skintone? Woah, Jaerim. Aren't you being too harsh to your boyfriend?" She said in between laughter. She placed her hands on her knees as she finished speaking and continue laughing.

"It's just a fact, Ash. This puppy reminds me of him." I said, looking at Ash oddly. Do I sound weird saying that?

She took a deep breath once she stopped laughing so hard but she's still smiling widely. "Okay, okay. Well, this puppy is cute though. Are you gonna buy it?" She asked.