Chapter 18: At the Hospital

Jaerim's P.O.V.

I immediately changed into my casual clothes as soon as I finished my shift here in the coffee shop.

I breathed in deeply as I eyed the bouquet of flowers, Lay gave to me a while ago which is placed on top of the table.

A sad smile was plastered on my face as I looked at it. After 3 years of stalking him.. He noticed me. He asked me out on a date.

But, why does my heart doesn't feel ticklish at all? I wanted to be happy but somehow, something's stopping me. It feels wrong. It feels off. Like everything's wrong. I can't understand how I truly felt but something's not right..  and I don't know what it is. It's confusing.

Once I finished fixing myself, I got out of the employee's dressing room, with the flowers on my right hand.

I roamed my eyes around the whole coffee shop and saw Lay talking to someone on the phone and he looks frustrated. I wonder who's on the phone?

“Yah, Jaerim.”

I startled a bit when I felt Kyungsoo's cold hand placed on top of my shoulder. I was just wearing a thin shirt so I felt his cold hands.

“Hm?” I said, not looking at him and just locked my gaze on Lay who looked panicking right now.

“Someone from Lay's family is the hospital right now.” Kyungsoo said, as he took a step forward so he stand beside me. “I heard their conversation earlier.”

“What? Who could that be?” I asked in calmest way I know how. What if it's his Mom, or his Stepdad or worse....

What if it's Kai?

As soon as I thought, my eyes widened. “Kai?” I whispered under my breath. I don't know why am I acting this way but I felt this sudden urge that I need to go to that hospital and check if Kai's okay.

I looked at Kyungsoo. “Kyungsoo, we need to go to that hospital!” I said, grabbing Kyungsoo's arm.

“Ahhh. Calm down, Jae—“

Kyungsoo was cutted off when Lay approached behind me. “Jaerim. Kyungsoo. I need to go.. My stepbrother—“

I cutted off Lay with a quick sentence. “I'm coming with you, Lay. I wanted to know if Kai's okay or not.”

Lay frowned a bit but he let me come with him in the hospital and so is Kyungsoo.

----------------

Upon arriving at the hospital, we immediately entered it.

Lay called Sophie and Sophie told Lay that Kai's in the E.R. right now, in the third floor.

So we quickly got in the elevator and waited for it to reached the third floor.

As the elevator made a ‘Ting’ sound, the door opened and we got out. The three of us run and run until we reached the E.R.

We saw Sophie, sitting in the waiting area with her hands intertwined together with her head lowered.

We approached her.

“Sophie. What happened to Kai? How's Kai? Is he fine now? What does the doctor said?” Lay asked quickly as he kneeled before Sophie.

Slowly, Sophie lifted her head with her red swollen eyes due to crying so much, obviously. “Kai had a car accident today so he's inside the E.R. now...” She paused, sniffing. “..The doctor said he lost too much blood so I don't know if he'll live or not.” She paused again, covering her face with her hands. “Lay oppa.. I'm scared. I don't want Kai to die just yet..” She cried.