Chapter 30: Kai's old friend

Jaerim’s P.O.V.

“Is Kris hyung still feeling down because of his mother’s death?” Kai asked, through a videochat.

I just nodded slowly.

As of now, I’m in a park, sitting on a bench alone, peacefully, with a few lovey-dovey couples roaming around— I’m really envious.

It has been two weeks after we arrived here in Canada.

After the funeral of his mother, Kris oppa was still feeling depressed. Shane and I tried making him happy but I guess, it wasn’t enough.

About Kai and I? We always communicate through calls and videochats. So, long distance relationship isn’t a problem to the both of us.

“How about your Dad? Did things go well with your Dad?” He asked.

“I talked to him at the funeral but Kris oppa won’t allow him to stay in the house because he said, he didn’t like my father’s presence.” I sighed. “But my Dad and I are okay. There’s no hard feelings or whatsoever.”

And with that, Kai smiled. “That’s great.” He said. “Anyways, have you met any friends there? Or any other guy? ‘Cause if you do, I’M GONNA KILL BOTH OF YOU!” He joked, gritting his teeth.

“Oh, Puhlease Kai! Don’t be so childish! What if I do meet someone? That does mean I’m gonna replace you?” I asked, while my right brow raised upward.

“Nope. I know you can’t do that.” He smirked then paused for a minute, staring at me. “Why can’t I stop missing you? It’s really tiring.” He pouted. Cute.

I smiled sadly. I miss him.. “Well, sorry to tire you for missing me. Just endure it for now.” I told him.

He just smiled. “Talking to you everytime makes me feel that you’re just here, near me but I need got to go now. I still need to go with Lay hyung. Bye, jagiya. I miss you a lot.”

“Okay, jagiya. I miss you too! Bye. Take care, always.” I smiled then we ended our videochat.

I stood up from the bench and placed my iPod on my bag.  I was about to walk away when I heard someone from behind me,  said:

“Jaerim? Jaerim, is that you?”

I looked around to see who that person was and my brows furrowed as I saw him. “Joonmyeon?”

He smiled as said his real name. He approached me with his adorable girlfriend next to her. “Yes. It’s me. I’m glad you remembered me.” He smiled in relief.

How can I forget this guy? He was a bully to me back in middle school as well. Same with Kai. -______________-” Well.. they are friends, obviously and both of them makes fun of me a lot in middle school. Who would have thought that the ‘angel’ they knew wasn’t an angel at all?

I looked at the girl and she was looking at me with a confuse look in her face.“You might want to introduce to me to your girl. She might misinterpret us.” I said.

“Oh, right. This is my girlfriend, Ash.” She introduced me to his girlfriend and the girl smiled a little. “And Ash, this is Jaerim, my classmate back in middle school on Korea.” I smiled at her, extending my hand and she shook it. “Me and my buddy, Kai used to bully her and humiliate her in front of everybody in school. She was just so funny to make fun of.” He laughed, shortly.

“I knew you were a meanie before.” Ash said, as she nudged Joonmyeon’s abdomen.

“Well, that was before. I’m a good boy now. Unlike you, you immature brat.” He said, smiling.

“I’m not an immature brat.” Ash said, rolling her eyes at Joonmyeon.

Joommyeon didn’t respond and just shifted his attention to me when he saw me smiling as I watched the both of them. “You got a lot prettier, Jaerim. A LOT, I must say!” He complimented and I just smiled shyly. “Anyways, how’s Kai? Is he still a bully? Does the both of you still communicate to each other?”

Oh, right! He didn’t know that Kai and I are now in a relationship. He will be really surprise if I say so. I mean, who would have thought that a bully and the one who was being bullied before are now in a relationship? Right? It’s like a predator in a relationship with its prey? Weird, right? 

“Ahm, do you guys want to come over at my house? I baked brownies.” I said, dodging his questions about Kai.

------------------

As we arrived at our house, it was empty. They must have gone somewhere. I let Joonmyeon and Ash sat on the couch as I went to the kitchen and get them some brownies and milkshakes.

I went back to the living room, where they are and placed the food and drinks on the mini table at the center of the living room.

“So, Joonmyeon—“

“Just call him, Suho. It suits him more.” Ash said, as she took a bite of her brownie.

“Okay. So, Suho.. Do Kai and you still talk to each other after you left Korea?” I asked.

“Actually, no.” He said, drinking his milkshake. “The last thing I heard about him is his engaged with Sophie. That’s it. Nothing more. Why do you ask?” He interrogated.

“N-Nothing. Just curious.” I said, looking away.

There was silence after they finished eating. Why is it so hard to tell him that Kai is now my boyfriend?

“Hey, Jaerim. Are you new here in Vancouver?” Ash asked, as her head placed on Suho’s shoulder.

“Yeah. It has been only two weeks since I got here.” I said.

“Are you going to stay here for good?” She asked again.

“Nope. I’m planning to go back to Korea next month.”

She nodded and smiled.

Looking at Ash, she looks innocent yet fierce. I also noticed that she’s very touchy when it comes to his boyfriend, Suho.

Whenever I looked at the both of them being so lovey-dovey to each other, I can’t help it but to envy them. I really miss Kai.. I wish I could hold him like how Ash hold Suho. I wish he’s here beside me as well, feeling his presence and his warmth... but I have to wait another month to be with him again. Just endure it for 31 days, Jaerim and you’ll be with your Kai again. I thought.

••••••••••••••••••••

Heyyy. Sorry for the late update. I was going to update yesterday but I was tired, with our practice in cheerdance and I just can’t. Since, I’m feeling down and feel like dying after I heard and saw the article that Luhan left the group. It really has a big impact to me! It hurts but I know, it’s for the better. I’m really going to miss him. :'( SERIOUSLY. Anyways, let’s just support LuLu with his decisions. I know it hurts for us, EXO-L l, but it’s better than making him stay in that HELL (Sment). So, for other EXO members, we wish all the best. FIGHTING!

#SupportLuhan

•×LuHainne