Chapter 23: "I'm indeed broken and hurt"

Jaerim’s P.O.V.

I’ve been thinking about what Lay said and he’s got a point. I should never leave Kai since the first place. Right now, we only have each other and I let him go..

Snapping me out of my thoughts, a lady in her late 20’s, maybe, was yelling at me. “YAH! Where’s my order? I ordered it 15 minutes ago!”

“Ah, I’m sorry ma’am. I’ll—“

I stopped in midsentence when I saw Kyungsoo approached the customer. “Sorry for the inconvinience, ma’am. I’ll just take your order again.”

The lady was really pissed off and rolled his eyes to Kyungsoo. “No need. I’ll just leave! What kind of service is this?!” She yelled, as she quickly stood up from her seat, took her purse from the table and left the place. Aish! This is all my fault. I’m really zoning out!

“Jaerim, I think you should go home. You’re thinking way too much that you can’t concentrate on your job. Just go home and rest.” Kyungsoo said, as he patted my head.

“I’m really sorry, Kyungsoo.” I frowned as I bowed to him.

“Don’t apologize. As a friend, I know what you’re going through and it’s hard but please Jaerim.. If you can’t take it anymore, just come back to Kai. I know how you miss him so much and Kai also feels the same way.” He paused. “You don’t need to give each other space just to make everything alright with his Dad.. That won’t happen. If you two are together then you can both settle this problem. TOGETHER, Jaerim.” Kyungsoo added as he flashed me, his signature heart-shaped smile.

I smiled a little as I heard his words. Lay and Kyungsoo both have a point. Problems won’t be settled if Kai and I are separated, it will only make things worse but if we’re together, I know everything will be alright.

As what Kyungsoo said, I really did go home. I walked on my way to my apartment and when I was near, I saw a luxurious black car parked in front of my car. Whose car is that?

I immediately jogged towards the car and as I reached the car, I tapped the driver’s window several times.

Then, the window slowly slid down.

And as soon I saw the person inside the car, my eyes widened in surprise. “O-oppa..”

It’s my stepbrother, Kris. He smiled sweetly as soon as I called him oppa. I moved backward as I saw him getting out of his car.

“Oppa!” I shouted, as I placed my head on his chest as I hugged him tightly. “I miss you, oppa!”

Kris oppa hugged me back tightly as well, patting my head then I felt him kissed my head. “I miss you too, Jaerim.”

“Anyway, you’re here early oppa! What’s up?” I asked, after I pulled myself for hugging him for seconds.

“Well, didn’t I tell you that Shane and I will go here to Korea as soon as possible? And now, we’re here.” He said, smiling. “My god, you grew up so damn fast!” He continued as he scanned me from head to toe.

“Of course, I grew up oppa. I’m not gonna stay like a 10-year-old kid, you know?” I rolled my eyes. “Anyways, where’s Shane?” I asked, looking around.

“Oh, she’s currently in the house I bought just months ago.”

“You bought a house? Are you going to stay here for good?” I asked, overjoyed, jumping a little.

“Just for a month, Jae. I still need to go to work in Canada.” He said.

I pouted. “One month is too short, oppa! Can’t you stay longer?” I pleaded, adding some aegyo.