Chapter 26: "I'm your bad-ass"

Kai’s P.O.V.

We broke apart from each other because in need of air. If it was possible to kiss her forever, I would probably do that. She flashed me her cute eye-smile as we broke apart. She slipped her hands on my waist and hugged me tightly while I hugged the back of her slim torso in return. “I’m happy.” She whispered, as she buried her head on my chest.

“Owwww! How sweet!” Someone cooed a little far from Jaerim’s back.

I lifted up my head and there, I saw Sophie smiling so brightly with Kyungsoo beside her.

Jaerim pulled away from the hug to look for the person who cooed and she can’t help but to smile.

Sophie and Kyungsoo approached us.

“What are you doing here, Sophie?” I asked. To be honest, I still have this awkwardness around Sophie since we had something before and I was obviously and absolutely a damn heartbreaker to her.. so yeah..

“Oh, I just dropped by to see Kyungsoo.. and Jaerim, also.” She paused, slipping her words. She likes Kyungsoo hyung, I think. “Since it’s my last day today here in Korea.”

“Really? So, you’re going back to New York tomorrow?” I asked.

“Yeah. Dad told me to go back home.” She smiled. “Well, I was about to ask Jaerim to come with me and Kyungsoo but looks like she already has a company with her.” She wiggled her eyebrows, up and down. “So, I guess Kyungsoo and I will go ahead  to the park. Okay? Okay. See you later, you lovebirds.” She smiled then dragged Kyungsoo with her.

Sophie’s P.O.V.

Now, Kyungsoo and I are walking our way towards the park.

“I’m glad, they’re okay now.” I smiled.

“How about you? Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked, as he glanced at me.

“Of course! I’m really happy for the both of them.” I said.

“No, I meant.. You’re leaving tomorrow, right?” Kyungsoo asked in a low tone voice. Is he disappointed?

“Yes, I am.” I said. I stopped walking which made him stopped walking as well and faced him. “I’m going to miss you, guys.” I hugged Kyungsoo, instinctively.

I hugged him for a minute then, I just realize what I did and about to pull away but Kyungsoo stopped me, by hugging me back. “We’re going to miss you as well.” He said, making me smile. “Even it was quite a short time knowing you.. I’m glad I met someone like you.”

I slowly pulled away from him and looked at him in the eyes. “Me too. I’m glad I met you. Even if our first encounter wasn’t that good.. we managed to become good friends and I couldn’t be more happier.” I said, with my watery eyes. I really don’t want to go home. I want to stay here in Korea. With my friends, with Kyungsoo as long as possible.. If I could.

Kyungsoo smiled a little, finding it hard to smile at this kind of situation.I want to know you better, Sophie. Can’t I stop you from leaving?He pleaded as he looked at me.

“We still have today.” I said, trying to cheer him up. I like Kyungsoo, I really do. I don’t know when or where I started liking him but one thing I know is, I like him.

“A day isn’t enough to know everything about you, Sophie.” He said, dramatically. I gave him a quick peck on his right cheek and he was a little surprise to what I did.

“We’ll try. Don’t worry, Kyungsoo. I’ll be back here in Korea before you even know it.” I said, comforting him. I slipped my hands in his hands, but I didn’t intertwined our fingers. Just a regular holding hands and I smiled to him. He shot me his heart-shaped smile before holding my hands tightly as well, and we continued to walk.