6

*One month later*
22ndNov

[kyla]

It had been over a month, and I still hadn't heard from Harry. After that interview, i really thought he wanted something to do with his child. But clearly not.

I knew he needed his time. But now it's been a month? Clearly he doesn't want to be involved.

I spent the day running round, trying to get the place organised. Setting up the crib and high chair setting up shelving for the babies toys. Trying to make everything perfect.

Okay, I was only on my third month of pregnancy but I wanted to get the hard work done before I had a huge tummy in my way.

Thankfully the morning sickness had calmed down now, making my mornings a lot easier for me. And I'm sure Ciara appreciates not seeing me vomit in the mornings while she gets ready for work.

I had spent this past month working nonstop I was thankful to get the day off to complete some home tasks that needed doing.

Everything was done within a few hours so I had plenty of time to relax.

After sitting around for a while I thought I would continue doing something productive so decided to go grocery shopping. We hadn't been in a while and we was desperately in need of food, and eating for two wasn't exactly helping.

Getting ready was a nightmare. Three month pregnant with a slight bump that just makes me look bloated wasn't exactly a pleasant sight and was certainly not flattering.

Some of my clothes had even already begun getting too tight around my stomach area so I decided I would go to town and buy some more pregnancy suited clothes as well as groceries.

My trip was fairly easy, although I did get some looks from people clearly wondering if I was pregnant or had just eaten too much.

I can't blame them because if I didn't know i was pregnant I would've thought I had a food baby.

After a good few hours of clothes shopping I had successfully purchased a few bags full... as well as some for when mini me is ready. I just stuck with whites and greys for the little thing though as I'm still yet to find out the gender.

I have an appointment later on for a scan to see if the pregnancy is going well and if the child may be born with any disabilities.

I finally made it home and put the shopping away before quickly sliding into one of my new outfits that fit much better.

All of my new outfits were oversized hoodies and tops as well as a load of leggings to slide on underneath.

This was my strategy to hide my stomach and be in complete comfort.

As I left my room to make some food I heard a sudden knock on the door. I pulled out my phone to check the time and came to the conclusion that Ciara left her keys at home.

I walk over to the door and open it, and before I get a chance to process anything he begins to talk.

"Kyla, I'm sorry I hadn't contacted you for quite some time. It has taken me a while to process what is happening." He spoke softly and his reasoning seemed to be genuine. I allowed him in to talk through everything.

"So... have you came to a conclusion?" I ask, wanting to get straight to the point.

"Yes. I mean, it's a lot to take in obviously. But yes. I want to be involved and around as often as possible. I want to do this with you, Ky, I really do."

I smiled at the thought of knowing that I wasn't going to be doing this on my own, knowing I was going to have someone to help me.

I quickly pulled him into a hug, trying desperately to hold back the tears of joy knowing that our child is going to have two parents.

"Thank you." I blurt out. "For what?" He laughed. "Not leaving me to do this on my own" I giggle.

"I have a scan later, if you want to come? You don't have to of course but I will leave that decision up to you"

"I'd love to come! Have you had any other scans or is this the first?"

"I've had one a few weeks ago, this is just a check up scan to see if everything is going okay" I assure him.

"Can I see? The other scans, can i see them?"
I nod as I hand over my phone and show him the scans that the hospital emailed over.

"Awwww... it looks like a little bean" he laughed, handing back my phone. "I said the exact same thing" I replied trying not to laugh.

"Can you send them over to me? I would love to have them." He asked "of course you can, I will send them over now" I replied.

"I hope you don't mind, I told my parents and sister. But they're obviously keeping it a secret. They're very excited" he smiled.  "Harry, this is your child too, you can tell whoever you want to know." I reassure him.

"I just wanted you to know, I didn't want to pretend that I hadn't told anyone when I had." He smiled again, looking the happiest I've ever seen him.

[Harry]

It took me a while to gather my thoughts together. I was going to be a dad. I know I am technically one now, but not officially.

This isn't an easy process for me. I am constantly traveling around the world, and now I'm going to have a child. This isn't the best timing, however, I am going to put everything I can into this.

I'm already freaking out without the baby here yet, I can't imaging what Kyla is going through right now.

After it's been so long since we spoke last, i don't want to just pop up messaging her. I want to talk about this in person. I feel like it would be much easier that way.

I think I will just pop over today, hoping that she's in.

                                        •

I'm surprised that went that well, it wasn't even the slightest bit awkward and I even got the chance to go to the scan and collect my own copies of them.

It's not so much of a bean anymore, just a small little alien thing inside of Kyla.

I never thought I'd be this excited to be a dad, ever. I just can't wait for it to be born, to hold it in my arms.