5

*Halloween*
31stOct

[Kyla]

Halloween was the time of the year I hated most. People hiding behind a mask, acting differently.

Halloween was when you become something you're not, I don't like the idea of people hiding behind a mask pretending to be someone else.

That's something I done for years. All through high school, I always pretended to be somebody else. I always tried to make myself look better than what I was. When in reality, all I was doing was downgrading my actual worth.

Now, however, I am comfortable being me. Showing people who I truly am. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of opening up to people. I don't like just anybody to know about my life, letting them know all about me. It makes me feel vulnerable.

Halloween is also the day that people use as an excuse to act out. Egging people and their property's, toilet papering everything. It's just not a good time.

And to top it all off, all your money that you've worked for ends up going towards a costume that gets worn once and never again or being spent on bags of candy for everyone other than yourself to have.

Although I have a strong hate agains Halloween, I can't help but get excited for the day I can take my child out trick or treating. Getting to see how happy they get when they are given free sweets.

Luckily, this year Ciara and I aren't going out. So we get to spend the night at home eating whatever candy that is left over and protecting our home from rebellious teenagers.

We didn't have much planned, our usual nights at home are usually just us watching some shit TV with snacks. Not that I'm complaining, I absolutely love our nights in.

-
This is a very short one as I originally wasn't going to a Halloween chapter, but decided that it would be best since there is a Christmas one coming up...

Ugh I hate writing about Christmas in May. *rolls eyes*.