12

*A Few Days Later*
6thJan

[Kyla]

Today is the day that Harry and I find out the gender of our child. This is the moment we have been waiting for (other than the day our child is born).

We have been counting down the days to find out the gender of our baby. And the day is finally here.

Our appointment is at 12pm, and like before. I decided to come early. This time, Harry is here of course. Trying not to be recognised by anyone around us.

We had been staying under the radar for so long, it would be a shame to get seen now. Especially here of all places.

"Kyla Jones." A woman calls out, indicating that it is my turn to be seen. I follow the woman into the small room, with Harry following behind.

"Hi, Kyla. I'm Dr Stevens and I will be doing the scan for you today, and of course telling you the gender of your child if you would like to know"

"Yes please, we have been dying to know for so long!" I'm practically begging for him to hurry up and tell us at this point.

He applied that cold gel onto my ever growing stomach, sending a chill down my spine.

My eyes, as well as Harry's, we're focused on the small screen. Admiring our already perfect baby.

"So, have you been facing any problems or issues so far in your pregnancy? Or do you have any worry's about anything?" He asked.

"No, no. Everything's fine other than the occasional head and back ache, but that's expected."

He nods. "Well, congratulations! You're having a baby girl."

My heart was full of warmth. I thought I was going to explode. I looked over to Harry, who was holding my hand with a big smile on his face.

I took in every sound of her little heart beat, hoping that it would never end.

"She's such a sweet creature" Harry mumbles, grinning ear to ear.

On the way back to Harry's, we once again began to discuss baby names. We couldn't decide on the endless possibilities of names for our baby girl.

"So how are we going to tell your family?" I smiled

"Well I was thinking. It's my birthday next month so we could plan a big reveal and do it then when they're all down."

"That's a brilliant idea Harry!" I already began planning ideas in my head.

Once back at Harry's, we sent our new scans over to his family and Cí. They all responded within seconds, asking if we knew the gender and if so how soon until we told them all.

I was so thankful for Harry's family. They were so supportive, not only for Harry, but for us as a couple. As a family.

They treated me as if I was apart of their family. It meant everything to me, especially as my own family aren't really in the picture.

-
I need to get better at writing chapters. Pretty much all of them are super short...

I thought I'd post this one early as the last one was so short.

As soon as I've got most of the story done I will go back editing and expanding all the chapters that are in need. Bare with me for now. X