14 → Poker Face

Dia fingered the blue earring on her right ear as she skimmed through messages on her laptop

Dia fingered the blue earring on her right ear as she skimmed through messages on her laptop. She hasn't had her phone in two days, so there's no way for her to hear from her siblings and friends. Dia, wanting to know if anyone has tried to be in contact with her, grabbed her laptop which she had left on the couch in the large living area, and checked the messages of her phone, on her laptop.

Most messages were from her siblings and roommate. Isaura celebrating that she's no longer sick, Pablo complaining that now he's sick, Joshua complaining about a scratchy throat and missing Biscuit. The rest are messages from her friends, doing what friends do, sending memes, one word conversations, and made up words only they understand. She sent them a quick message, explaining why she hasn't replied, and when she was tired of reading messages, she decided to check the voicemails. Thankfully they're short and there's only two.

She opened the first voicemail, which is the most recent one. 11:51 a.m.

There was a groan, sigh, and shuffling heard at the beginning of the message "Why did I agree to Jessica's idea? Why didn't you stop us, Dia? My head is throbbing. Oh my god, I know I've said this before but this time I'm serious, I'm never drinking with Jessica, ever again" Matt groaned from the other side of the line.

Dia smiled. She was smart to not participate in the drinking last night at Matt's apartment. She saw her friends going from sober, to tipsy to drunk. She called them an uber and hoped they have something for the hangover.

"And I couldn't sleep on my bed because it's broken. You owe me a new bed. Oh my god, my jaw hurts. What the hell happened last night?" There was a minute of silence, then Matt groaned and Dia could practically see him rubbing his face. Matt sighed deeply "anyway, you left your camera here, so if you wanna pick it up it'll be here. Ah shit, I just remembered your phone doesn't work. Oh, forget it. See you when I'll see you" the call ended and Dia sighed. Now she has to go back to Matt's apartment to pick up her camera. Always leaving things scattered around.

When she saw the name of the next voicemail, she was already dreading to hear it. With a heavy sigh, she clicked on the voicemail. Yesterday 10:47 p.m.

"Hey Mrs. H, quick question, why the fuck do you have a phone if you're not going to fucking answer it? I mean, unless you're out there recruiting people to complete my Voltron group then go ahead, ignore my calls, but if you're not– then what the hell are you waiting for?! I need more people aside from the moody teenager and balls of steel!"

Dia groaned and rubbed her face. Oh my god, Wade.

"...Fuck you Wade!...Yeah? Fuck you too!" Dia heard the brief exchange of words between Wade and a random guy "Sister Margaret's before the end of the week. Be there. Also, if someone from the mansion calls you, you tell them that I didn't steal the wheelchair that it followed me home. See you later Mrs. H. Hey that's my scooter!" The voicemail ended and Dia was unfazed.