48 → I Turn My Camera On

Sam Wilson doesn't hate Joshua, he doesn't dislike him but he doesn't like him either

Sam Wilson doesn't hate Joshua, he doesn't dislike him but he doesn't like him either. Sure, he's protective of his little sister and automatically assumes the worst of whoever Sarah's dating, but again, he doesn't hate Joshua. It's just- what does Sarah see in him? And why out of all the people in the world, does her boyfriend end up being related to Bucky Barnes? The universe is testing his patience.

So a week after their roller skating adventures, Sam is on his phone sitting on the couch in the common room and occasionally dropping in on other people's conversations. It's just one of those lazy days where everyone is wearing their sweats, sprawled on the couch and eating junk food. Oh yeah, a total fitness day for the Avengers. If the world could see them now.

"Are you still Instagram stalking?" Natasha asked Sam from behind the couch he's sitting on.

"I'm not Instagram stalking" Sam replied in a mumble, eyes set on his phone.

Natasha scoffed. "He says as he scrolls through someone's Instagram profile...wait, that's Joshua! Wilson, you're stalking your sister's boyfriend?"

"It's called running a background check. We do it all the time" Sam replied glancing up at Natasha who has a bowl of popcorn in her hands.

She plopped popcorn in her mouth and chewed slowly as she maintained eye contact with Sam. She wanted to argue that they run high-level background checks, and by the time they're done, they're able to tell where the person likes to buy the favorite treat for their grandparent's pets. But what Sam is doing is low level 'my girl/boyfriend broke up with me three years ago so I stalk their Instagram to see what they're up to while listening to Adele and eating the unhealthiest and greasiest takeout.' When Natasha heard Dia's laugh, she turned her gaze to the woman who's on the ground with Pietro playing Super Mario Odyssey on the Nintendo Switch. They would normally play on the tv but the others are watching it.

A smirk spread on Natasha's lips, she glanced at Sam who returned to Instagram stalking Joshua, and looked back up at Dia. If anyone in the room is protective of Joshua Davis, it's gonna be Dia Castillo. "Dia, Sam is Instagram stalking Joshua!" She shoved popcorn in her mouth and went to sit next to Bruce.

Dia frowned and looked over at Sam. He in turn threw his phone to the side and looked everywhere but at Dia. "No I'm not" he quickly said.

Tony, who's walking by, picked up Sam's phone from the end of the couch and looked at the bright screen. Sam didn't lock his phone when he threw it to the side. Big mistake. Tony smirked. "He's right. He's not stalking Josh. He's stalking Rhys"

"It's understandable" Rhys spoke up from the corner of the couch where he's curled up and eating gelato. He's been so busy with being a student teacher, he's taking a well deserved break. "Who wouldn't want to stalk me?" He had a spoonful of raspberry gelato.

"Why are you stalking people?" Bruce questioned.

"I'm not!" Sam defended himself. "I'm just gathering information"