22 → Le Freak

Joshua Davis sat at the table and stared at Bucky who is sitting across from him

Joshua Davis sat at the table and stared at Bucky who is sitting across from him. He narrowed his eyes and scanned his face. He can't believe he's related to James Buchanan Barnes, the ex HYDRA assassin. The man, sitting across from him, is his grandmother's brother. His great uncle. He doesn't even know what to do, or what to say. It was such a bombshell and he's having a hard time processing the information.

"Are you just going to keep staring at me?" Bucky asked Joshua.

"Yes"

"You know" Sam leaned over the end of the table and stared at both men "there are some similarities"

"No!" Joshua glared at Sam.

"There's the anger" Sam grinned. They both glared at Sam.

"I can see it now" Tony nodded.

"Definitely related" Vision agreed.

Just like Joshua, the Avengers can't believe that Bucky and Joshua are related. They didn't know that he had a sister, so they never even thought about the possibility of Bucky having family in modern day. But there he is, his great-nephew, the rest are in San Francisco.

"I have donuts!" Rhys exclaimed as he reached the top of the stairs.

"Tension and silence breaker. Our salvation" Tony outstretched his arms and reached for the pink box in Rhys' hands.

"Did Tony found religion while I was out?" Rhys questioned.

"No" Tony answered and took a donut from the box and handed off the box to whoever is standing next to him.

"I also got milk, if anyone wants coffee or just plain milk" Rhys informed.

"And where's the milk" Thor questioned as he looked down at Rhys' empty hands.

"Dia took it from me. She's downstairs, she'll be up in a-"

Biscuit whined and barked when he saw Dia come up the stairs. He wagged his tail and Dia giggled and scratched the back of his ear.

"...minute" Rhys finished "that was fast" he told his best friend.

She nodded and walked over to the table and set the bag down. Dia looked between Joshua and Bucky and up at the group. She didn't need to move her hands around to ask what's going on between the two of them. They could see the question on her face.

"Josh is in denial" Pablo spoke up.

"Poor Josie" Dia pouted.

"Yes, poor me" Joshua pouted "and what have I said about Josie?"

"To call you Josie"

Joshua pursed his lips "I need a donut" he muttered before getting up and walking over to the group huddled around the pink box.