39 → Déjenme Llorar

"Have you two kissed yet?" Joshua curiously asked Dia as she moved behind the bar

Dia gave Joshua a look as she reached for a bottle from a shelf behind the bar "why do you want to know?" She asked him.

"So you haven't yet" he concluded.

"You weirdo" Dia mumbled as she poured the liquid in two cups and placed them on the bar for the customer to take.

It's a typical weeknight at the Drunken Dog with Dia and Joshua attending the bar like they always do. Pablo would occasionally pop behind the bar to help, as would Sylvie. It's one of the calmer nights so there aren't any drunks belting their lungs out on the karaoke, but the arcade games are always big winners. No matter the night or occasion, the games always seem to be taken.

"Josh, why do you want to know if Dia and Bucky have kissed yet" Sarah, who's sitting at the bar with an iced tea Dia made for her.

"I want her to see how weird it is that she's dating my Nana's older brother" Joshua told his girlfriend before turning to Dia "my Nana's brother, Dia. How would you feel if I was dating your brother? Huh? If I were dating Pablo?"

"You mean you aren't?" Dia joked. Joshua frowned and Sarah giggled.

"I gave your brother my love and he threw it in the trash!" Joshua played along with the joke.

"I still love you, baby" Pablo told Joshua as he walked behind the bar to grab ice cubes.

"And I love you, honey" Joshua smiled sweetly. Dia and Sarah shared looks before grabbing their drinks and taking a sip. The women ignored Pablo and Joshua and started a conversation themselves.

"Can I ask you something?" Sarah set her drink down and looked up at Dia. The woman nodded and set her iced tea aside "is Sam still...Sam?"

"You mean is he still moody that you're dating Bucky's great-nephew? Yes" Dia nodded with a smile "but I'm pretty sure he's just doing it for show now"

Sarah smiled "that's good. I love Sam, it's just sometimes he takes the protective big brother thing a little too far sometimes"

"I can kick his ass if you want" Dia suggested "I mean I can literally walk up to him from behind and kick his ass. Raise my leg and let my foot make contact with his butt"

Sarah giggled and shook her head "not now, thanks. But if the offer still stands in the future..."

"I can be 87 and still kick his ass" Dia giggled. The two women talked as Dia worked, pouring a drink or scribbling down a food order so she can pass it along to the kitchen.

Joshua observed Dia as she worked. He saw the smile on her face, the shine in her eyes, and the biggest thing of all, he heard her voice. Dia is talking, probably the longest he's heard her talk in years. He wonders what promoted Dia to open up, so he began to think and made the connection. Bucky Barnes. Before he came along Dia was closed and rarely talking, but now she's more open, talking, and stays in one place.