51 → 42

His name was Jonathan

Dia knew it was going to be one of those days just seconds before she woke up. Her brain sent mixed signals, which got even more confused along the way. She felt it building in her chest, that little flicker of anxiety that plagued the last seconds of her dreams. She stared at the ceiling, her mind confused and filled with mixed thoughts. She turned to her side, pulling the covers of her body and scrunched her nose when she felt Biscuit's fur tickling her nose.

She smiled small and threw an arm over the dog. She closed her eyes trying to go back to sleep but her mind won't allow her. With a deep sigh, Dia stroked Biscuit's soft fur and enjoyed a few moments of silence in her room.

It was going to be one of those days and she's already dreading it. She doesn't want to be around people, she doesn't want to be asked every five minutes if she's alright. After a while she got out of bed, got dressed and quietly made her way to Bucky's room. She told him it was just one of those days where she doesn't want to be around people, doesn't want to talk about anything, isn't really up to do anything. She just wants to take the day to be on her own with Biscuit and be somewhere where she doesn't have to be with people.

Bucky understood. He also has days like that but he was sad that he won't be able to spend the day with her. She smiled, cupped his face and told him Steve will be happy to have his friend back. To which Bucky made a face, grumbling about being stuck with Steve for the rest of his life. She kissed him, took one of his warm comfortable sweaters and she was off.

Normally when Dia isn't feeling her best she listens to Coldplay. Listening to music helps her relax. But Coldplay was his favorite band. Just like how his favorite book was, The Little Prince. She remembers the copy she bought that time she went to Barnes and Noble with Bucky when they were shopping for a birthday gift for the twins. Some days after the shopping trip, she went to the mutant school, climbed the stairs and entered Bobby Drake's room. The room he shared with him. She handed Bobby the book, and he understood what she wanted. Opening to chapter one he read,

"Once when I was six years old I saw a beautiful picture in a book about the primeval forest called True Stories. It showed a boa constrictor swallowing an animal"

Dia spent the morning lost in her thoughts and watching Biscuit playing with other dogs in the dog park. I had that dream again. She thought as she ran her thumb over her tattoo. The dream didn't involve falling buildings or ice cold water, it was that stupid dream where Strange proposes to Isaura and her answer always changes. Why is that her dream? Maybe it's a sign. But he was in her dream. Acting like nothing happened and everything was sunshine and rainbow stickers. God, she hates him for that, but she also misses him. Dia let out a yawn and rubbed her eyes. She didn't sleep very well.

After the park, Dia bought honeydew milk tea and walked aimlessly through the city. Her mind was still somewhere else and swallowed a couple boba. The little flicker of anxiety slowly began to grow throughout the day. It gnawed and clawed it's way through her chest, growing bigger and bigger. Her anxious mind throwing more anxious thoughts at her.