37 → Anenome

The sun shone brightly in the clear blue sky

The sun shone brightly in the clear blue sky. Birds chirped as they flew across the sky and landed on the trees. The tree leaves rustling in the wind, the scent of flowers carried by the light breeze and the soothing sounds of a small waterfall filled the ears of those outside.

The sun rays hit the exposed skin of those who are sleeping outside in the open. Pablo Castillo almost got it right. The group that left the previous night to party didn't wake up in someone's pool, they woke up in a pond. Four giant inflatable animals floating along on the pond with four sleeping bodies on said animals.

They're still in their onesies, unzipped and half off, their clubbing clothes under the onesies, their hair in disarray, paint on their skin and multiple colored bracelets around their wrists, hand stamps decorated the back of their hands. Wanda is on a flamingo, Rhys on a swan, Dia on a unicorn and Pietro is on a red balloon animal. Danny is nowhere to be seen.

The pond the young adults had spent the night in, is the pond in the back of the School for the Gifted. So a handful of teachers stood by the pond and stared at the sleeping drunks, wondering when they got there and how they ended up in the pond without anyone hearing or seeing them.

"Can I poke them awake with a stick?" Bobby held a long stick in his hand.

"No" Ororo quickly shut him down.

"Yes" Scott said at the same time with a smile on his face.

"Bobby, you were with them the whole night" Jean turned to the young man "why didn't you at least take them inside?"

"I was with them for half the night and by the time they got here I was fast asleep" Bobby informed. He glanced down at the stick in his hand and then at the water in the pond "what if I ice them?"

"You throw one snowball at me Robert Louis Drake" Rhys groggily began to say "and I'll melt you" he groaned as he tried to get up, but the quick movement on the water and the bright sunlight caused his pounding head to sound and pound harder.

"How did you guys end up in the pond?" Scott questioned.

"I-" Rhys took a hazy look around and shrugged. He spotted Pietro laying upside down on the balloon animal float, his head dangling on the side dangerously close to the water "I don't even remember coming here" he dragged his hand over his face and groaned "I think I might still be drunk"

"That's it come out of the pond" Jean walked closer to the edge "and push the others. You all need fluids and gallons of coffee. We'll make a smoothie for Dia or something"

"I still want to ice someone" Bobby spoke.

"No!" Rhys, Jean and Ororo yelled.

"Yes!" Scott smiled.

·𖥸·

Tony Stark doesn't go to the School for the Gifted that often. He goes about once a month, maybe two. But since Dia moved in with the avengers, he's found himself going more often, not that it bothers him. He received a call, telling him to pick up his drunks so that's what he's doing. Tony stood at the door and reached up to ring the doorbell and a couple seconds later the doors to the school were pulled open. Tony flashed a smile at the person who greeted him.