Chapter 19

Kate's P.O.V

Today's the day. May 20th. My 18th birthday.

The girls were gone by the time I woke up. But there were some pancakes on the stove and a shirtless Luke on my couch.

"Happy birthday, babe." He whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist so his chest was against my back. He kissed my shoulder and rested his head in between by neck. "So, I thought that while the girls are out, we could go to this lake."

"Sure! When?"

My pancakes where gone by now; that makes me sad. They were really good pancakes.

"Maybe around 11:30. It's a thirty minute drive."

The clock struck 10:45. That's enough time. "Sure. Let me go get ready."

He placed a kiss onto my lips before I snuck off to my room.

In the shower my mind went everywhere: where where the girls? What are they doing? Are they setting me a party? Most likely.

After I put my hair up after I straightened it and slipped on one of Luke's shirts over my swim suit.

Luke had on a tank with shorts. He was carrying a bag, and a basket...? I'm not even going to question. Luke wrapped a arm around my waist and lead me to the car he and the boys all shared. Well, it's Beau's.

...

He stopped at Burger King. What?

"Luke? You said you were going straight to the lake...."

"I lied."

"You're an ass." I playfully punched his arm and next thing 'ya know, we were back on the highway with the car smelling like Burger King.

...

A lake came into view. Behind all these trees, there was beauty. Kids were playing around in the water as parents joined or sat back and talked with others as their wife's tanned and gossiped. It was so cute. Dogs of all sizes ran around and played games.

Luke parked off to the side and opened the passenger door. I slid with the basket in hand as he carried the beach bag. Out hands intertwined. Seriously. This day couldn't get any better!

"We have a little bit of walking. Hop on my back."

"No!"

"Come on!" He whined. "I can't give my now 18 year old girlfriend a piggy back ride?"

"Fine."

He grabbed my thighs and hosted me onto his back. It was quite fun. I took in the sight of the little kids, picturing me with kids of my own one day.

After what seemed like seven minutes, Luke stopped and carefully put my feet on the ground. In front of us where everyone; the boys, the girls. It was nice, actually.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Lillian ran to me and gave me a bone crushing hug as everyone else decided up join in, so all nine of us were hugging.

"C'mon! Let's go eat then we can be weird."

Hazel led me over onto the sand and onto a light blue blanket. Luke pulled out the Burger King. That's why we stopped.

After we ate lunch and laughed our asses off as Daniel barked at a dog, I wanted to go cool off in the water. Hazel and I took off our large shirts so we were left in our swimsuits. Lillian was in a pair of shorts and a tank. Shocker *rolls eyes.* Gabby was wearing the same thing.

"Let's play a stupid game of tag. LUKES IT!" James yelled.

The eight of us ran off as Luke targeted his goal. Of course he chose me. He managed to catch up and tag me, yelling 'Kate's it!'

I tagged James and ran from him. Luke was hiding behind a tree, breathing in deeply. "I hate you." I mumbled.

"Nuh-uh. You can't hate me."

"Yes I can."

"You can't hate me. Who's your boyfriend."

"True."

At the moment Daniel was running like a girl (not to mention screaming like one too) from Jai. Jai came closer to us and I ran off. "LUKES IT!"

Luke went running after Lillian but went towards me. Nope, back to Lillian.

"AHHH SHIT." She screamed. Lil started running from him. I have to admit, she's a fast runner. "HELP ME!"

She took a sharp turn, which caused Luke to slip and fall on his ass. We all started bursting into laughter. "What now?"

"WATERRRRRRR." I grabbed Hazel's arm and dove straight to the cold water.

...

Once the endless hours of being in the water were over, Luke dropped me off at the house. Hazel was with us and Beau was dropping off Gabby and Lillian. We decided to divide and concur; go home, and meet up at somewhere. They wouldn't say where though, only that I was around so they couldn't say.

"Dress nice, Kate!"

I took a shower and pulled on some nice clothes. I know this is my party. No shit Sherlock why else wouldn't they tell me where we're meeting up at? For once I curled my hair, it wasn't bad. I have to admit, wearing a pair of purple shorts with a white crop top and a jean vest wasn't too bad. But this is the only time I will wear this.

Hazel on the other, went simple: skater skirt, a nirvana shirt tucked in with black see through legging things. Simple. Gabby was Gabby and made sure she had on shorts with a 5SOS shirt. Lillian's was cute: skater skirt, Lion King crop top, and a black biker vest.

"Kate! Luke's here to take you somewhere!" Gabby yelled.

I slipped on my shoes and said bye to them. Why would Luke be here? I didn't dare ask, I don't want to sound rude.

"Let's take a walk to the park, aye?"

"Uh, sure?"

"You look really beautiful tonight. Like usual."

"Thank you." Luke wasn't bad either, a red plaid button up with skinny jeans. But, be wants holding my hand or had a arm around me. This is odd.

The park came into view. "Luke?"

"Yes?"

"You're being quiet."

"I'm sorry. I'm just nervous."

"Why?"

He stopped. I stopped. He faced me. I faced him. "Kate, I, I.."

"What?" I'm becoming nervous. Does he not want to date me anymore?

"I love you."

I breathed out the breath I was holding in. I took it in. He loves me.

"Kate? Please, say something!"

"Luke, I love you too."

He smiled a cheesy smile which I returned. Our lips pressed to one another's.

A car horn caused is to pull back. "c'mon love birds! We have a party to get to!"

Luke and I climbed into the back of the car. "WAIT! We all need to get pictures."

With that, we all spilled out of the car and gathered by a pole. The light shown done and I pulled out my phone. There were many pictures. 10 to be in fact. Each of us posted a different one and on our group accounts we used the one picture that we each separately didn't use.

Tonight's going to be fun.

...

*three hours later*

It was currently 11 o'clock. The place Lillian rented was hot, stuffy, and crowded. It was like a child birthday party mixed in with your average teen. A snack table (duhhh), a table for gifts (which is piled up highhhh), a DJ, and more. I may be a little buzz, but nothing major.

Hazel was making out with weird ass stranger. Stranger danger. Gabby was hanging out with James. Beau and Lillian, who fucking knows where those two went. Luke and I were currently next to each other on the dance floor with drinks in our hands.

If only I had friends and family here from home, this would be two times better. But I am with my family.