Chapter 27

Ashton's P.O.V

*Same day*

All right of us walked into the elevator. It was really awkward compared to what just happened between Calum and Lillian and the tension between Kate and Michael's blushing. I grabbed some of Hazel's bags, walking out the elevator.

"Maybe we could go to the movies when the storm passes by."

"I don't know. It seems pretty fierce."

Fierce it was. Probably having to cancel our plans for tomorrow (score!). The power went out right when I turned on the lights.

"Seriously?" I laughed.

"Seems like the tadpoles are coming after us."

"Because Ashton thought they were baby turtles?"

"Exactly the reason why."

"GUYS MOVE!" Kate whined. I didn't realize we were blocking the door. But it was kinda hard to tell since it was pitch black. We all turned the flashlight onto our phones, using them to help light the candles Hazel brought. The rooms filled with light, a warm glow to it.

"Well imma change."

"Me too."

Lillian and Kate grabbed their bags and walked towards their rooms, whispering a bunch of nonsense. Everyone else did the same but Hazel, who took off her jacket and went through her bags.

I walked back in with a hoodie on instead of my tank, and Michael came back, in what he was wearing earlier. Strange man.

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS COLD!" Hazel yelled.

"Should've kept your jacket on." Michael teased.

I took my hoodie off and handed it to her. Yes, I'm shirtless now. And it's cold out. So I'm fucking freezing.

"Thanks." She whispered. I jogged back to my room, over-hearing Luke talking to Calum.

"I don't know, man. I really like Hazel but for some reason when Gabby talks about Harry I get sorta jealous."

"I have nothing to say, Luke. Just see how it'll go with Hazel then if it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't meant to be."

"On the other hand, what's up with you and Lillian?"

"I don't know! I really like her but she's dating Beau and I can't have someone she really likes dump her. It'll just break her heart."

"That's why you will be the hero."

"Really?"

"Yes."

The floor creaked on the other side of the door, indicating their coming, so I quickly jogged back with my hoodie. Gabby and Lillian were munching on some food we had left in the cupboards. Which was only chips.

"You guys have no food."

"I know. We can just get room service."

"You guys are stupid!" Lillian laughed. "How can they make food when the powers out?"

"Damn it. Then we'll just have to go to the store now for dinner."

"Ugh. Again!?"

"Yes."

The girls had scowls on their faces. "Fine. But if we die it's your fault."

"Done deal."

We all headed to the built in car lot and took the elevator to the fourth floor. It was packed with cars, but no sign of humans.