At the age of 73

Rey walked out in the living room, that was now occupied by the wizarding family.  He looked at everyone of them in the eye and finally stopped at the couple, who also happened to his best friends. 

         Swayam and Sharon sat on the couch next to Swayam's mother dressed in a white jumper. While the witch played with the pearl necklace with her manicured nails looking at the soulmate of her only daughter with a sceptical look in her dark brown eyes.

           "I.. I am leaving." Rey muttered still looking at Swayam, when he saw his girlfriend coming into the view from his peripheral vision.

            "Huh?! No, stay!  We would like to get to know our little Taani's soulmate here" Arjun said as he moved closer to his sister lazily slumping his arm around her shoulders, who in return only passed a sad smile.

           "No,  thank you!  I would rather spend my time processing what my girlfriend and her family is.."

           The entire family, except for Swayam and Sharon looked at Taani in utter shocker,  how could she hide something like this from her soulmate. How could she hide the fact that her soulmate was her soulmate, from her soulmate? They all looked at the young female as if she had grown another head.

          "Sharon, you knew about this?  And didn't bother to tell me?  We have been best friends since childhood. And you hide such a thing from me?" he went on to accuse the only person he trusted after Taani.

           "Rey.. " Sharon got up from the sofa with a broken whisper of her best friend's name.

           "That's it.  I am leaving, you coming with me?" he asked not wanting to discuss this anymore. He was hurt, the fact that his most trusted people decided to lie to him,  hide such a big thing from him was heartbreaking. He knew his girlfriend was hiding something, but such a thing, and Swayam who's like a brother to him, even after knowing how much he's bothered from Taani's hiding business didn't come clean about everything?  What was it?  Was he not good enough to keep the Shekhawat family secret? 

             "Rey..  No..  I can't, you should stay as well" Sharon tried to stop him,  she could see the heartbroken Taani trying to stop those tears from flowing.

          Without a word being said the dark brown haired boy was slamming the main door of the Shekhawat house close.

                  ***************

         The silence fell over the 5 wizards and 2 humans in the room.
They didn't know how to react..

        "Why didn't you tell him earlier Taani?  You know how it feels, I told you.  I told you,  how I felt..  Then why didn't tell him?" Naina asked as she looked at her childhood best friend straight in the eye,  her light brown eyes piercing into Taani's black ones.

         "It wasn't that easy." the young witch said trying to hold back any venom that was about to slip out of her mouth.

           "No,  you know if it would have been earlier he would have come back,  like I did.  Sharon's here,  it's because we were informed about it by our soulmates, because our soulmates  wanted us to know,  they wanted to share the biggest secret of their life with us... He's gone, because he's hurt,  cause his soulmate didn't want to share anything with him,  his soulmate kept on lying again and again to postpone the reality. And now had finally come clean cause that's the only option she had. We getting to know the truth was our soulmate's priority and him getting to know the truth was your last resort. I know, I am your best friend and as a best friend it's my duty to tell you that what you have done is wrong. You should have told him all of this earlier not after him seeing all this stupid magical parade.. You have wronged him,  you have wronged your soulmate."

       Taani's eyes were filled with tears as her fists were now curled up in a more tighter grip from once again saying anything stupid.

         "Yeah,  told him sooner for all I know he wouldn't have come back!" she yelled the last part not having anymore control over herself.

         "Well,  he might have. I know it,  I did..." but the girl clad in yellow couldn't complete her sentence as the youngest witch in the room unleashed her emotions, her demons.

           "Oh yes,  you did.  You wanna revisit why?  Cause you didn't have any other damn option.  My brother and my family, we were your last resort after being disowned by your family. You didn't have anywhere to go,  and that night you returned cause  you knew no other doors were open to you except ours. So no you don't know if Rey would have come back"  She spat at her best friend who stumbled backwards hurt by the words.

        "You think I came back, cause I was helpless,  out of necessity? Well, then I am sorry to break it down to you, but I came back cause I loved your brother!" Naina cried in despair as Arjun held her close in his arms, safely.

         "I love your brother, Tee. I came back cause, yeah sure damn I need you but not cause provide me a roof but cause you're my family. You all are my family and I thought I was yours...  You're my best friend I.. I didn't know this is what you thought of me.." Naina's voice faded away as he walked out of the living room with Arjun by her side.

        "Taani.." Vaidehi started but was cut short the moment her daughter lunged out of the house followed by her twin; Swayam and his girlfriend Sharon.
                   ****************
         As Taani ran, without stopping to the continuous calls from Sharon and Swayam her tears flew down as a waterfall. She finally stopped at the park a few blocks away from their house and sat down on the wet grass wiping her tears as she felt Swayam and Sharon's arrival.

         "What an idiot, I am!  How.. How many people am I going to hurt more? First Rey and now Naina,  I am pretty sure she hates me, I mean why shouldn't she? I was her best friend and I wrecked it all over a stupid heartbreak." She said to herself, but also to the couple who sat quietly next to her.

      Swayam just hugged his twin not saying anything, but just held her close to his heart. While Sharon sat there smiling fondly at the sibling bond.

          "I am just like Granny. I keep on hurting people,  you know I won't be surprised if I end but just like her,  in my 70s trying some stupid spells, locked in my bedroom and ending up colouring my hair pink and orange or some other weird colour, transforming fluffy cats of pillows and cushions." Taani muttered and earned a chuckle from her twin.

          "No, you wouldn't.. Oh who am I kidding you probably will" Swayam's teased his sister earning a 'shut-up' glare from the two ladies.

          "But...  No Taani you're not Granny. Granny at the age of 73 still hasn't figured out how much her words hurt other people or if she has she still hasn't figured out how to stop or doesn't feel any guilt about it what so ever,  but you.. You do feel the actual guilt of what you do, like right now...  And you should know that there is nothing that you'll ever do which can't be rectified, alright?  And just cause now that I have said it that you rectify your mistakes doesn't mean you keep doing one?!"

      "Alright twin brother, how do I rectify this one? What spell do I use?"
She asked, after a second or two. The eager girl always ready to learn some new magic spoke this time making her twin brother smirk.

       "oh you say sorry. You know there's nothing more powerful than  an sincere apology." He smiled down at the girl patting her head as of an dog.

(Naina's picture attached above.)