An alliance or a hunter?

Lost in her own thoughts, granny; the eldest member of the family pushed the food around the plate as everybody ate around her. The dinning table buzzed with excitement as the family roared in happiness about yesterday's successful ritual.

           "So, Taani tell us about your soulmate? Rey.. Reyansh?" Vaidehi asked her daughter, Granny's attention swiftly turned towards her grand daughter who now held everybody's attention.

              "Reyansh Singhania, a human.  He's a dancer, best friends with Swayam and Sharon.  Infact he's Sharon'd childhood friend." Taani started, not once looking up at her family, she was too engrossed in her meal that was placed in front of her.  She ate and spoke simultaneously, her demeanor looked unbothered but she was nervous, she was nervous to talk about her soulmate infront of the entire family.  It's already been a big deal,  the meeting between her family and her soulmate was not necessarily as Taani had planned.

           Sharon nodded an positive nod as she saw Vaidehi's eyes turned towards herself, for what in particular she had no idea..  But she felt obliged to nod and so she did.

           "He's the only child to Singhania's.  Is very strong headed,  ambitious, caring,  loving, stylish,  he's also a little stubborn..." her features changed for each and every adjective she used for the boy.

               Taani's eyes still remained fixed on the plate in front of her, she knew she ate too much today, more than necessary. As she finished her description of about how fine her soulmate was, five minutes later she finally found the courage to look up at her family who were busy eating themselves.  So they weren't even looking?

   *************************

            The siblings sat at their front porch once again. The serene silence of the night comforted the trio. The porch was lit once again in the yellow lighting as they sat, living through the passing movements.

           "Have you guys ever wondered?  What if...  What if we don't win?  What if this was never our battle to fight? Not our problem at all?" Swayam asked as he gazed out towards the darkness outside, ignoring the light around him.

             "Have you ever thought what if while being under the pressure to bring light to the world, we're getting sucked into the darkness." he continued, not knowing exactly where he was headed with the topic.

              "It is our fight Swayam! It's been our fight since the night our father was killed by him..."Arjun started as he looked at his younger brother. Arjun's jaw was now set in a tight manner. Taani sat confused like a deer caught in front of a car. She wasn't sure where Swayam was coming from.

           "Father's death was the only reason that I am fighting and I still continue to do so... I.. I personally don't think that it's true, whatever granny's been telling us about since the childhood it, it just doesn't add up. I personally don't think, I am made to bring greater cause to the wizarding world. I mean you and Taani, for sure cause you're all this big and excellent wizard conflictors but then theres me... I am just a specialized médecin."
Swayam said his tone a little disheartened.

       "What rubbish?!" Taani said as she looked at her brother in pure shock.

         "Dude,  haven't you heard?  A protector is of a much greater value than that of the destroyer. You save lives Swayam and that's what makes you more vital and important to this war. And you know whatelse makes your position more vital?  You're my brother so..  Naturally you're cool" Arjun's seriously voice was soon tuned into a teasing tone for the latter part, speaking which he pulled of a sly smirk.