Séparé

Love was in the air, Rey, Swayam and Arjun had decided to take their better halves out on a night stroll around the calm area of their locality, Rey even though did not join the family for the dinner made sure to accompany his girlfriend for the midnight walk. The three couples walked in silence enjoying the embrace of their partners.

                       "Why didn't you come for the dinner?"Taani asked Rey quietly as they strolled lazily behind the other two couples. Rey sighed as he looked ahead not once meeting his questioning stare, he felt a small squeeze on his right hand and turned to his girlfriend the attention she demanded.

                          "Kriya and Vickey came over for dinner"He explained, he knew Vickey coming over or anybody coming over for a dinner at his  place was no a problem for Taani it was Kriya.

                             Kriya being Rey's ex was always something that made Taani uncomfortable, the thought of Rey holding any kind of fascination for anyone other than her, killed her. Taani let go of her breath she didn't know she was holding as she heard her name being called by one of her brothers. She moved towards the others when Rey held on to her small arm and pulling her petite figure in himself as she caged her in his embrace he whispered huskily in her right ear, "You know if it wasn't for Vickey I would have turned Kriya down in an heartbeat" Taani was not able to focus much on his words as she was busy savouring the feeling of his lips as they smoothly brushed against her ear lobe as he spoke. Her eyes were closed as he sneakily placed a small peck right behind her ear, a shiver ran down her spine she stood their completely at his mercy forgetting the gaze for her brothers and her best friends fixated on the couple. Rey purred happily as he felt the shiver, that ran down her spine, he loved the effect he held on her.

             "Séparé"

                         The duo were separated with such a force that they had flown a few feet away from each other and dumped on the ground. Taani was on the feet the next moment her wand pointing out around to sense for a danger she looked at her brothers smirking at her "you're welcome!" Arjun gleefully smiled at Swayam as he turned around once again walking towards Naina and pulling her in his embrace he started walking ahead and Swayam soon followed his lead along with Sharon.

"Are you okay?" Taani muttered as she made her way towards Rey who was now sitting on the ground brushing off the dust from his arms, he nodded.

                                     "I'm so sorry about Arjun"

             "Hey, it's pretty fine. I mean you're his sister I can understand he might be a little uncomfortable with all this.." Rey reassured. They passed each other a small smile and continued with their walk.

                                    "By the way will it be dumb-witted on my part to say that its just now that i have come to a realisation that you'll live in such a secluded area?!"Rey mentioned as they continued the walk towards the small play ground they had earlier decided to go to.

                                     "Yes, we actually thought it would be nice to have an undisturbed area?! so you know practising spells is very easy and chances of getting caught while doing so are almost zero. Also it helps in keeping wizardry a secret, being at a state of a war we can expect a attack any moment and we don't plan on harming any humans or expose wizardry"  Taani explained as they took a left turn to enter the gates of the park where, they saw Swayam and Arjun already on the wings with Naina and Sharon sitting on the grass talking to each other.

                                      They still continued their slow pace "Don't you think that it's an better option for you guys to live somewhere crowded? if like you guys the other team also doesn't want to expose wizardry they won't attack, right?" Rey questioned, what Taani couldn't believe that this thought never crossed her mind or let alone Swayam's who was suppose to be the wisest.

                                      Deep in thoughts Taani walked slowly towards the girls as had already moved towards the boys. She sat next to an normally chirpy Sharon who was telling Naina about her interest in dance. Taani was not able to comprehend one word as she pondered over Rey's words it will be safer to live in a crowded area but they were never attacked before also a stranded one like this allows them an unlimited access to magic.

                                    "Oye?! where are you lost?"  Naina enquired as she snapped her fingers in front of Taani's lost face.

                                    "Nothing much, just thinking..." Taani left her words hanging in air but soon shrugged and looked at her two best friends with a pleasant smile. "So what are you two beautiful ladies talking about?" 

                                   "I was actually gonna ask you two if you want to come with me tomorrow? Arjun has booked a morning appointment for me, to have my check up done.." Naina mentioned as she rubbed her 3 month stomach.

                                  "Oh I'd love to..."Taani squealed in delight but Swayam's warning voice added a frown on her happy face.

                                   "Yeah, of course she would love to... cause she obviously forgot about her meeting with the football team tomorrow"

                          "Yeah, right sorry Naina..."Taani answered dishearteningly.

                                   "I would have come if I hadn't copied in the last class test and Ms. D'souza  wasn't taking a retest tomorrow.."Sharon muttered unhappily.. In a very short amount of time Sharon had grown fond of the Shekhawats especially Naina and her baby.

                             Soon the family were walking back again, to with Swayam and Taani arguing about certain subject that the rest did not decipher. All the way back home the banter continued with Arjun once or twice jumping to calm them down but the mo

'ment he understood that no one was in a mood to listen  him and they weren't going to calm down any time soon he did  what he has done since the childhood he snatcher their wands to make sure none attacks the other.

                               The next morning all the Shekhawats were on the breakfast table Sharon and Rey as Vaidehi   lovingly served each one. The table was filled with usual laughter and banter, it felt more like a family then they had ever experienced over a long time..

                                 "Naina, go and get ready we'll have to leave soon." Vaidehi spoke in a motherly tone and herself moved towards her room to get ready. As Naina moved towards the the room Sharon, Taani, Rey and Swayam filled the living room all ready for their day at college. "Bye guys!" She waved them bye and moved to her room to find Arjun setting his hair. 

                        "You going in search of the other members?" Naina questioned as she walked towards her wardrobe looking for her outfit for the day.

                         "Yes, Naina do you want me to go?" Arjun he asked her with the most caring voice he's ever used.

                           She looked at him puzzled, times have come where Arjun has left her for days and never had he looked uncertain about it, what's wrong this time? She wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled at him happily.

                                    "I and your child we're absolutely fine, Arjun. I know how important we're for you and I've always protect us, till my last breath. Now go and build an army or something."she joked as she kissed away the lines of worry off his forehead and once again moved towards her wardrobe.

                                     He couldn't ignore the uncertain feeling he felt in his stomach, he once again looked at Naina who had her back turned at him as she hummed to some tune swaying her hips around. He shrugged away the feeling and moved to grab his coat.

                                     His instinct told him him to sit at home with her and shower her with his love but he'll have to go and that's what he did. Cause he trusts her enough to keep up with her promise.

                      ***************