Good Question

Days gone by were bad, but the nights were the worse. Naina had nightmares every night, of that dark day. She woke up crying and sobbing to herself only to calm a little by Arjun's constant presence, his arms wrapped around her and him whispering to her about how things will be alright. 

With each passing day and night as the couple tried to recover from the loss, another soul buried itself deep in self loathing and guilt. Taani felt guilty to no extent she detached herself from everybody, locked herself in the room which she shared with Sharon and didn't see a soul. Her only source of sanity was Rey, standing out of the door everyday; talking to her, singing to her, bringing her food which she always made it disappear from his hands and then reappear in front of hers.

                        The entire Shekhawat clan had moved out of the house that the twins first lived in and moved to live in with Rey. It was the first thing that Rey did, he offered them a place to live, the moment he talked with Arjun and the elder boy didn't need to be told twice. 

Rey didn't know how he felt about it though, he was always used to be all alone with his place all to himself. But now that he had a housefull it still seemed he was all alone with Taani being distant, Arjun and Naina were too busy with themselves and Swayam and Sharon were a little busy to make sure Granny doesn't take a drastic step of dragging the three out of room and making them behave normally. Which would be completely wrong..

                         Rey helped Vaidehi set up the table for breakfast, as Swayam and Sharon walked in with Sharon pushing Granny's wheelchair. Fun fact: Rey discovered just a few days back that Granny could walk, as normally as any other person of her age, but she just preferred people moving her around. 'She likes to torture us!' he remembered Vaidehi point out to his stunned expression when Granny out of nowhere stood up one fine day mumbling to herself that she'll drag the trio out of their rooms. 

                          "Rey, I think you and Sharon should go to college today." Swayam said as he entered the  dining area. Both childhood friends looked a little unsure of the idea.

"Swayam I don't think so, I mean its only been a few days since all that has happened and Rey needs to be here for Taani and I want to be here for all of this as well..  I think we should give it sometime."Sharon stated in a voice which clearly pointed out that there wasn't a place for further discussion. She quietly helped herself, Swayam, Rey and Taani a plate for breakfast.

                          Rey was about to walk towards Taani's room as usual, when he stopped and looked at Swayam in a questioning  stare. "I don't get it! I have tried to delay this conversation as long as possible but Taani's behaviour worries me to another extent. I mean.. don't get me wrong whatever happened that day was truly sad  and I am really regretful of that day and wish I would have just taken Taani's words for it and I'm sure that Swayam you are just as much regretful as me and if nothing else even more. But Taani's behaviour it worries me, its like she is not just saddened but devastated  over the loss of the baby just as much as Naina and Arjun."

                             Rey looked straight at Swayam and he didn't dare to look at Vaidehi sobbing quietly or at Sharon who threw constant daggers at him for bringing the conversation up. Even though Vaidehi hadn't locked herself in her room like her children she still completely blamed herself for whatever happened. Vaidehi just healed by surrounding herself with people whom she loved, Vaidehi knew even though she would never admit; Vaidehi was Granny's strenght and her will to fight. After the demise for Vaidehi's soulmate, all she had was Granny and all Granny had was Vaidehi. So everyday Vaidehi got herself out of the bed for Granny.

                          Granny on the other hand chewed on the breakfast as if nothing happened. Swayam sighed rubbing his forehead he took a deep breath. He looked at Rey figuring how to answer the question, he had always admired the story behind having a godparent but he wasn't sure whether he would be able .deliver it with an effect which would please Rey.

                          "Good Question!" he muttered.