Veer Shekhawat

"Coffee solves everything" Taani sang, her voice low and airy as she poured coffee in each cup.. Swayam, Sharon, Arjun, Naina, Rey and Taani... She counted. Her entire attention focused on carefully pouring the coffee into the respective cup; without magic. 

Rey stood behind her as he studied her composed stature as she did the simple task, but he could feel her anger and desperation... She wanted them dead and he didn't know who they were; the people who attacked and because of whom the family lost the baby but, he was scared for them. Taani Shekhawat was the calm before the storm.

                                "Do you want any help?"  he asked.

"With Coffee? No.. With my life? Yes, please." 

                                  ***************************************************************

"So, I mean if you don't mind us asking, Who were these guys that attacked you?" Sharon questioned as she passed the cups down to one and everyone. Swayam sat next to her, his arm wrapped around her waist loosely. 

                    "The hunters." Taani answered taking a sip quietly.

"The hunters?" Rey questioned as he raised his eyebrow slowly towards his mate sitting next to him.

                     "The hunters, are a group of people who are trying to get them killed.." Sharon answered a little unsure herself. But Swayam's nod of approval  cleared her doubt: she was right.

"Why?" Rey questioned again as he looked around at every person in the room for an answer clearly they all knew so much more than he did..

                      "Hunters are those who believe we shouldn't be with you guys.. "Arjun explained, momentarily he sipped from the coffee as if wasn't a big deal.

"Why?" Sharon asked her expressions staging her frustration, her eyes scrutinising the siblings as she demanded for answers. Her head turned as he pulled his arm away from her as Swayam began to explain.

                        "You guys are mortals and we are Wizards. Though it doesn't matter that much, like I can name a thousand wizards right now who have normal humans as their mates. Its not a big deal really, never has been and never will be!" 

"So are you guys or should I say us a special case?  The hunter's Personal Favourite? Wha.. What's the deal here?"Rey raised an eyebrow questioningly.

                            "We don't know" Arjun stated as he pulled Naina's body close to him before putting down their coffee mugs back in the tray. 

"What he means is that there was a prophecy made, Every wizard to have ever born had one to his or her name. Well as you mentioned we were a special case we got one. Just One for the three of us."Taani started explaining as soon as she saw Sharon and Rey in confusion, but the explanation only seems to have increased it.

                             "Our parents were perturbed when they did not receive a prophecy on my name for nearly years, until these two idiots were born. And finally a prophecy was issued on the names of Three siblings. One prophecy for the three of us. First time in years or rather First time ever had such a thing happened.. Mum and dad were confused, happy and most importantly afraid. This was an unusual happening and never had it happened before, father was asked to come and collect the Prophecy himself from the Oracle's  Office. " Arjun explained  quietly and slowly making sure the two friends understood and were able to keep up  with the story.

"The oracles from around the wizarding world tried to understand and fine the reason as to why such a prophecy was made for a year long, but no avail; finally on our first birthday, father was asked to collect the prophecy from the oracle's office. " Taani continued her voice darkening towards the very end her exterior rigid.

                                 "He went there with his best friend; MARCUS and VISHWAS" Swayam spat the names with disgust. That was the first time Sharon had seen Swayam like this with an mysterious rage.

"Marcus' mate was also an oracle, she had heard the prophecy and shared her worries with him. She was unaware of how demented Marcus was and her lack of judgement brought out the evil in Marcus and resulted in her demise." Arjun breathed the last word as a tear slipped off his eyes as he mourned for the loss of his Godmother.

                                       "What? How??" Sharon asked quietly.

"She shared the prophecy with him" Taani started , " But Marcus couldn't believe her for some reason he thought it was impossible to be us, he thought it was someone else or the Oracles were misreading the prophecy; also very common. But his doubt was cleared when he heard the prophecy for himself, that night he tried to convince our father to.. to kill one of us, to kill me" she finished in a shaking and short breath and that moment she heard Rey exhale a hot puff of breath with her. He quickly pulled her into him, he didn't know what happened after that but he prayed and hoped it wasn't what he thought it was.

                                  "Our Father was brave man, an amazing son, an loyal friend, an caring husband and a devoted father." It was exactly what he thought it was he felt his t-shirt get wet ; soaking in her tears and then all he could hear was her muffled sobs.

" Veer Shekhawat didn't die in vain he died protecting his family and if the time comes we shall do the same."Vaidehi's voice mirrored around the room as she came into the view of the three couples who were to engrossed to notice her standing quietly and listen her children notify Rey and Sharon her personal nightmare; the death of her husband, her soulmate, her best friend, her everything. And here she was living the nightmare again as she kids told the story to their mates.

                                  Taani sprinted towards her as she embraced her and let all her worries go and in the process she gathered in her grief.