Luna

That day he didnt understand, why he was able to read the heartbreak that she tried to hide from everybody. He didn't understand the unrest he felt for the next few days, he also didn't understand  why he started to stay away from Kriya. Why he never asked her out another date, and why he decided that they should just continue as friends.

             He was frustrated that Taani spoke to everyone but when it came to him, nothing more than simple greetings were passed his ways. It frustrated him that every time he thought they would converse more than that, Swayam would interrupt them making her stop talking to him again. It frustrated him how she would laugh at Vicky's joke and stay quiet the moment she realised that he was staring at her. And what frustrated him the most was he would stare at her, every chance he got TAANI SHEKHAWAT  had been a topic of interest to him and he was unapologetic  about it.

He smiled at the memory, how Taani was such a mystery for him at the beginning and after all this time she continues to remain the same, and he couldn't wait to discover her. She was unpredictable so to say he was surprised the moment he saw her sitting on the couch of his living room deep in conversation with Swayam was not a joke. 

             "Taani"He breathed in her name, his voice so low he doubted she could hear him at all, but she did, she saw him, she turned to meet his eye and then before he could get lost in those mysterious black eyes, dark and powerful; she turned to continue the conversation with her twin brother.

"Taani!" Sharon greeted his girlfriend with much needed enthusiasm, she sprinted to hug Taani which his girlfriend reciprocated with equal enthusiasm. "What is this? Who does this? Do you have any idea how worried we all were? Me? Swayam? Rey?" Sharon spoke her voice heavy with grief. Taani smiled, her eyes watered as but somehow no tear slipped she sighed heavily and looked up at Sharon "We aren't all bleeding hearts Sharon, we heal differently." And with that she left.

                 He didn't know whether she wanted him to follow her or she wanted to be left alone, he for sure wanted to talk to her.  Swayam nodded in approval so he follows? 

She sat in the balcony quietly to herself sipping tea from his cup, where did she get that from?  oh yeah, right magic! He slowly slid the balcony door open and slipped in, making her aware of his arrival.  He slowly sat down next to her, aware that she had taken a note  his presence but not given any heed to it.

                 "So, do you trust me now? Or are you here to lecture me how wrong I was to threaten Kriya?" She spat in anger. Her nose red in anger and her eyes blazing with  fire.  It's been days but she needed to throw it out throw it on someone who is not herself.. it was wrong, nowhere was she justified to act like it was all his fault, but she anyways did it.

He sat there understanding her problem; she wanted to throw her frustration out and he was the source and he was ready to be it. 

                                            ****************************************

The sky was lit by the splendor of the moon, it was the most powerful scenario he witnessed. He loved it how the darkness that clouded the city was outshined by the galore of the moon. As a child he remembered how he called her luna, though she never understood why, but Naina took a great pride in it. 

              "Hey Luna!" He sighed as he heard the quill scribble along with his words. He didn't know what to say or how to say it. It's been years since he actually spoke to her, he didn't talk to her after he had tried to kill her. Well, naturally she didn't want to talk to him either. 

"I know, you didn't expect to hear from me. Honestly, I didn't expect to write to you. I was content to know my sister was healthy and safe, that's all I got from Arjun." 

             Sister, he wished he treated her well.

"Mother informed me about her expedition, this morning. I am sorry, Luna. I am so sorry, for everything and anything that I could possibly be apologetic for. For being immature, for being insensitive, for be ignorant and an arrogant jerk , but most of all I am sorry for being a shitty brother. For not being there for you when you needed me the most, for not understanding your insecurities, for not believing your fears and not caring about your passions. I am sorry for trusting all the lies fed to me, I am sorry for living up to be the beast I was expected to be. I am sorry for treating you so poorly  and I am sorry for not standing up for you when you expected me to do so.. I am sorry for many things and I hope you find the power in you to forgive me. But maybe you won't cause what I have done and what I have not mentioned here is a severe sin that I have committed  and I can't  bring myself to apologise for it, cause I doesn't deserve a forgiveness and I won't  ask for it. I write to you today to tell you that, no matter what but the baby will be avenged and I don't care if I lay my life doing so."

                 By the time he was done with the letter he was in tears, he was broken as he mourned for the loss of his childhood companion his one and only sister,  his Luna, his Naina Oberoi.