The wild cat.

Taani was feeling a little unsettled since she left for college. She was having an uncertain feeling making home in her stomach causing her to be snappy throughout the day, she snapped at Swayam, Rey, Sharon almost everyone who met her in the morning. Her bizarre behaviour worried the twin and the soulmate.

                       "Guys, where's Naina?" Kriya questioned for the fourth time as the dance team and Taani sat in the canteen having their lunch, all the time before this both the couples ignored the question but now it was getting on Taani's nerves, the fact that Kriya had never spoken to Naina and not shared even one single lecture with her best friend, the sudden interest in Naina's whereabouts that Kriya had developed, got Taani suspicious.

                  Swayam once again decided to change the subject, but before he could voice out anything his womb sharer spoke up. "Why do you care?" She inquired as she gave Kriya a stingy eye. Her eyes studied Kriya's tensed demeanour while Taani herself played with the fork in her hand, her edgy behaviour now surfacing and there was absolutely nothing that was gonna back her down form this conversation, not even Rey's palm on her knees that was trying to distract her.

             "Well, I just asked out of curiosity..."Kriya answered as she stuttered a little.  Her eyes not meeting anybody's curious gaze.  "Well, I would like to  warn you Kriya, to keep my family out of your curious nature, cause you might have heard the saying haven't ya? Curiosity killed the cat!" the daughter of the family threatened.

             Taani skipped her way out of the canteen after throwing her fork on the table, creating a dramatic effect to her threat the fork landed straight in front of Kriya, who blinked twice at the girl leaving the table.

          "Did she just threaten me? what a freak!!"Kriya mummbled as the rest of the dance team agreed with her. Swayam sighed in dispair and Sharon just looked around not knowing what to do. Rey was the first one off his feet, his jaw clenched and his shoulders tensed as he stomped out to the direction where his girlfriend has just left; every sane thought in his minded clouded by the words of his friends.

             "She's a freak!"

     "Taani, has temper issues."

       "What the hell is wrong with her?"

       The irony was that the boy who didn't seem to care about what others thought about him, was the most affected and sensitive about what others thought about her.

        Upon reaching the fire escape, he closed the door; and turned to see his girlfriend sitting there with her head in her hands, her shoulders tensed and her stance stiff.

        "What the hell is wrong with you?" he asked in a low tone, he eyed her as he stood in front of her his hands folded against his chest.

           "I.. I don't know, it's just.."She didn't know what to say, cause she herself didn't understand what is wrong.

           The feeling of something wrong happening around her kept making home inside her and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. It kept eating her alive, she couldn't put a finger to it.

             "No, Rey you don't understand!" She said as she tried to blink her tears away she tried to get a hold of him as the feeling doubled and was soon replaced with panic, her breaths heavy, her hands sweating and her eyes travelling around the compact passage of fire exit.

               "Yes, ofcourse I don't understand! I don't understand the need you felt to threaten Kriya, what the hell is wrong with you? You cannot have a justified reason for that! You can't just give  life threats to people!!" He exclaimed as he eyed her, her expressions were varying every second eyes not fixed at any where in particular her her eyes red witg the tears she had bottled up inside her, he knew her better than that she wouldn't cry; especially not in front of him.