Best for the last

Arjun walked in the kitchen where he saw his mother preparing for the lunch. Naina, Taani and Swayam along with his soulmate will soon be back from the college so that the family can have the meal together. "Mum, I have booked an appointment for Naina to have her monthly check up done, could you please accompany her? I wouldn't be able to be there for her this time, I have a few things to look after and I wouldn't like it for her to do all this alone."

                       Vaidehi nodded quietly to her son's demand, her full attention towards chopping the tomato in hand. "Mum, you do know you can do this with a flick of your wand, right?" Arjun questioned as he raised his eyebrow towards his mother.

                  "Dependency on anything is bad, Arjun. I have tried and tried but you and Taani you just don't seem to understand. Magic is beautiful no doubt, but it's only a part of you my child. It's not your everything." Vaidehi  explained her first born once again, she saw a faint smile spread across his lips as she embraced herself for yet another sassy reply.

                  "Magic is only a part of you, nonsense. She speaks of it as if it' s just another limb provided to us wizards, when not needed easily detachable. Magic runs in your blood, so bloody hell of course it your everything. You better not be trying to brainwash yet another of my grandchildren, I have thought them well" Granny taunted as she made her way through the kitchen floating around her feet not touching the floor for once.

                 Arjun was praying for his mother to not reply, knowing this would end in a war. His mother and grandmother obviously had different views on magic, which naturally was a cause of differences within the family. Funnily all the difference seem to be evident only when he was around the two ladies. 

                  "I would not like to argue about it with you, mother." Arjun sighed and thanked his mother for not stretching the topic further, he was just not in a mood to handle the two barbaric ladies that they become. He kept his eyes glued to the fruit basket on the opposite kitchen counter next to the fridge where Granny was still floating around, with a small sly smile of supremacy to have won the argument, without having one.

                    He was too focused on the Granny's victorious smile to see the wheels turning in, for his mother.

                     "I respect you very much to prove you wrong, at this old age of yours. So, I'll just give you the satisfaction of winning the argument" Vaidehi marked as she turned to look at her fuming mother-in-law  and an utterly shocked son with a smirk adorning her face.

                      Vaidehi switched off the gas as she moved to her room.

                      An awkward silence prevailed between the grandson and grandmother duo, and as Arjun opened his mouth to speak something, Granny's stern eyes were enough to shut him down.

           **************************

       The room was dark, as the souls present in the room. Malicious, devilish, sinful souls were united under the roof of one of the wealthiest manor in the wizarding world. The souls followed the command of whom they trust the most; sheer manipulation works there.

       The dark shadow of the tall man swaggered into the room as a deadly silence pondered up to the rest present in the room. The fear rules the minds of the cowardly, and hence nobody tried to match the stare of those black orbs as they speculated each and everyone in the room.

             "Elina, my sister! How have you been,El?" The man asked as his voice pooled with love for his younger sibling... "Very well, brother" the short reply came by the woman standing next to him, her height too short in front of his tall frame. The brother sister duo were admired in the eyes of the rest of the viewers who looked dreamily at the good looking features of the two.

             "Marcus!" a happy voice called out making the tall brother to turn around and be engulfed in a embrace by the owner of the happy voice. "Ah! Vishwas my friend! lovely to see you around. I was just talking to this wife of yours."  

             "Oh, you can talk all you want as she is also your sister." Vishwas, reassured Marcus

              "I would like to remind you two, that I not just someone's sister or wife. I am my own individual."Elina retorted and further excused herself moving straight towards the bar, the bar was dimly lit by some light balls, which she had magically created; herself.

               The drinks were magically prepared according to ones taste and the same way her martini was served to her, which she enjoyed to herself. Her eyes wandering around and not static anywhere specific.

                "You do know you married the most spineless man ever, right?"Her gaze met her son's eyes who smirked at her enjoying his own drink as he passed a playful wink in her direction.

                "Karan Oberoi! I will not have you disrespecting your father in such manner, this better not be repeated!"Elina whispered making sure nobody heard their conversation but her tone did hold a sense of authority and power which she used to make people understand that she was utterly serious.

                "You mean step-father? ?Have a great night, mother!" Karan smirked as he push pass her shocked figure, to meet with some of his old friends.

                   "Elina!"

                Having no other way out Elina Oberoi moved to greet others.

                 Marcus sat quietly in the corner of the room as he saw all of his friends chatting to one another. he had a ghostly smile surfacing his face as his stare was fixed to the scene in front of him but at the same time his stare had no focus to it.  Being surrounded by people who would never dare to say no to him, and would kill to be next to him, he felt really lonely. Drowning his sorrows in the alcohol he sat there his eyes swimming in helplessness.

                   "Marcus, everything alright?" Vishwas questioned as he strode towards his friend, placing his hand on Marcus' shoulder in a questioning manner. Marcus shook his head  in a negative manner.

                   "You wouldn't understand, you have her..."Marcus answered as he pointed at his sister who laughed at the other end of the room, talking to the Kapoors. Vishwas had a small smile spread across is rough visage.

                     "Having my soulmate is as good as not having her at all.." Vishwas muttered as he ignored the slight twist in his heart as announced them.                                     

                      Marcus didn't hear it,  he was too busy pondering over his own issues to have heard his friend sharing his, and even if Marcus would have paid any heed to what Vishwas was talking about chances are he wouldn't have done anything about it but ignore the situation completely.

                       "I have a small mission for the hunters, you pick a few and meet me in the office tomorrow, also make sure my dear nephew doesn't know what we are planning on..."Marcus ordered.

                         "Why not Karan? He's the most brutal of all the hunters we have,  you have personally trained him so what's the problem?" Vishwas inquired he raised his eyebrows at Marcus.

                           A haunting smile appeared on Marcus' face as he eyed his nephew flirting with a witch in little black dress, "Sometimes you've gotta save the best for the last.. "