Chapter One

Annie's POV

I got out of my moms bed and walked down stairs to the kitchen where I smelled the sweet stench of burning pancakes.

"Hey." I said, walking in.

I looked over Demi's shoulder and saw two round black things with syrup on them, sitting on a plate.

"Good morning baby girl." She said, kissing me on the forehead.

"Uh, mom."

"Yeah?"

"I don't think those are edible.." I said pointing to the pancakes that had ashes floating off them.

She pouted, "You're probably right."

"I'll make eggs." I said.

"Thank you, darling." She smiled.

I walked over to the fridge and pulled down the eggs and began cooking for Demi.

Demi always burns the pancakes. I honestly have no idea how, but it's a daily thing almost.

"Marissa wants to know if you want to go over and spend the day with her." Demi said.

I love going to Marissa's. We always go and get Chinese.

"Yeah, I do." I said.

I slid two eggs off the skillet and onto a plate. I popped two pieces of bread in the toaster, then jumped up and sat on the counter.

"What are you going to do today?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"I'm going to the gym and then probably swing by and see mom."

Dianna, Eddie, and Dallas moved to LA in our subdivision not too long ago so they could see us more. Plus, LA has more acting opportunities for Dallas and Maddie.

"Or go see Wilmer." I muttered under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing." I said just as the toast popped out. I slid them on, as well and handing a plate to Demi.

I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Marissa.

Me

Can Madison stay too?

Aunt Marissa 💗

Of course! I'll pick you up around twelve.

I put my phone in my back pocket and looked around for a pop tart.

I bet people expect me to have an eating disorder or self harm, just like every other fanfic I've checked out on twitter accounts, but it isn't like that. Yeah, sure, I'm super insecure about my body and if a pap says something or if I read something hateful on twitter, I get down on myself. Just like every other human being would do. Demi gets worried, but it's no big deal.

"What are you and Marissa gonna' do today?" Demi asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"I dunno. Madison is coming with me." I said.

"Cool, cool." Demi said.

I really wish Demi would just stop hiding the fact she's dating Wilmer. It would make me feel better if she would just own up to it.

I put my plate in the sink and started for the stairs. "I'm gonna go get dressed."

I was in the foyer, about to go upstairs, when someone knocked on the door. I spun around on my heals and went to open it up.

A piece of me feels like it's Wilmer and that makes me want to throw up. I literally cannot stand to even see him. Especially unexpectedly.

I opened the door and saw Nick Jonas. My moms best friend and mine. He's my father/big brother figure.