Day 2

"Up!" I hear a voice through my dreams, slightly muffled "Everybody up! Breakfast in 10!"

I sit bolt upright in bed and look around. I'm on the bottom bunk with Jamie above me, the hiss of the shower is coming from the en suite and the twins are hurrying about getting ready.

"Jamie!" I moan "we have to get up!" I hear a moan from above me, the only bad thing about Camp is the 7 am wake up time. I get up and try to locate my clothes, I unzip my bag and wonder why I didn't unpack last night. Then I remember. Matty. Our time by the lake feels like a beautiful dream.

I get up, throw on some high waisted jeans, a plain black crop top and my Doc Martens and put my long curly hair in a high bun. The bathroom's still occupied by Sally so I use my phone as a mirror to apply my flicked eyeliner. I step outside the cabin and see most of my group sitting on the grass leading to the woods that me and Matty ran through last night. The air has the feeling of a hot day and run down onto the grass with excitement. Only one thing, Matty isn't there yet. Feeling a little disappointed, I take a seat next to George. "Out with Matty last night then?" he smiles

"Yeah.. but only cus he needed a fag, we didn't go far or anything... like we stayed close to the cabin and, you know we weren't long!" what am I babbling about?! "You were 4 hours?!" says George with a small laugh "You can do a lot in four hours..." oh god what is he suggesting... "Well I'm sure you can but me and Matty genuinely did nothing but smoke!" George gives me a sly smile "It's alright, you know, Matty gets with a lot of girls... it's not like you're unusual, I won't tell people" I really didn't know what to say to this so I simply reply "Okay" as he gives a little wink.

Ally takes us to breakfast and Matty still isn't there. I'm feeling a little worried, he seemed sad last night, I hope he's okay. "George?" I say trotting a little to keep up with his big strides as we walk to the canteen "Why is Matty not here?" he looks at me for a moment as if he's deciding whether to lie or not. "He doesn't do mornings" he says cautiously "He likes to... do his own thing in the mornings". Right well that doesn't answer my question. What does he mean 'do his own thing'?! I wonder this as we enter the canteen and get our bacon and eggs. During breakfast I chat to Jamie about what happened with Matty last night... everyone's saying we slept together but I reassure her we didn't although she doesn't seem convinced. Just as we're leaving the canteen, Matty arrives wearing exactly the same outfit as yesterday, a funny look in his eye.

"Everyone, everyone! where you going I haven't had anything this morning! well, no food anyways! God, I'm famished... someone wait with me while I eat, God I'm hungry! well, am i? dunno but I'll eat! Babe, wait with me yeah, Hols?"

I have no choice but to agree "Yeah I'll wait I guess" I say with a small smile "Yes girl! Perfect! Yes! What do I want.... Bacon! get me bacon babe, would you? I'm gonna do the coffee!" he's acting strangely... I like him in this mood, though, it makes me feel like he really likes me! he looks at me with all this crazy longing and enthusiasm, but I have a feeling something's not right here.

I walk to where he's sitting in the now empty canteen at a table for two by the window carrying a plate of bacon. "Yesss!" he says as I walk towards him and he claps me, both of us laughing as I sit down. He scoots me a black coffee across the table and tucks into his bacon with his hands. I take a sip of the coffee and try and stop myself from showing my distaste on my face, if Matty likes it I'll give it a go.

"So" he says through a mouthful "They all think we've shagged".

I nearly spit out a bit of my coffee, for some reason him saying this is just too surreal "Yeah" I laugh "But we haven't".

He giggles and looks me in the eye "Not yet" he whispers and grins.

I try and do my sexist smile "What makes you think we will?" I say in my mock-insulted voice "Well... It makes sense" he chuckles again "I mean it's like our society as a whole - you tell someone they've done something and then even if they haven't they stop defending it and just do it anyway for the hell of it.. cus either way you're in the same predicament except in one, you're having fun? See what I mean?"