2 months later continued

The wait starts to feel long and we get impatient.

"Ugh, how have people been here since, like, 6am?! This is awful" Matty moans

"Yeah I know, it's crazy, I don't know how they do that"

"I guess that's when you know your bands made it" he smiles a little to himself "when people wait for 10 hours outside your venues"

"Yeah I guess so" I smile too "do you reckon The 1975 will ever 'make it'?"

"Maybe. I hope so. It's the only thing I'm good at really!" we laugh.

Eventually the doors open and the crowd begins to flood in steadily. We are about 5 people from the front and can see the stage clearly. I squeeze Matty's hand and grin

"This is perfect" I say

he grins back "Yeah I know!"

We kiss quickly on the lips and go back to waiting. After about 10 minutes the lights dim and the support act comes on. They're okay, quite similar to The Bottlemen and Matty seems to enjoy them. The crowd respond well but there's a 15 minute break between them and the main band, which feels like about a year as my feet are beginning to hurt and I can feel myself sweating in the tightly packed crowd.

"Are you alright, babe?" he asks me, just as a huge wall of screaming hits my ears. They're on.

Before I know it they're playing. Vann sings:

"You're simpatico

And of all the lifts home and all the mixed feelings

You're cuts above

And you don't own worries or a chest full of heartache

And yes, I know

That I'll never work out exactly how you're thinking

But, Let me know when I'm needed home"

I scream with the crowd but can't even hear myself. I glance at Matty and he's whooping and grinning too. The lights are flashing and bright and I feel absolute ecstasy. Then comes the famous chorus:

"I've gotta give it to you

You give me problems

When you are not in the mood

I've gotta give it to you

You give me problems

And made me give in to you

Our dealer hates me you know

He used to see her but she sold

Him off on down the river"

We throw our hands in the air together, fingers still interlocked and matching grins still on our faces.

As the gig goes on, they play all their classic songs that I know and some I don't, all of which I love. Matty gets more and more touchy with me as the night goes on, keeping his hand on my bum for a lot of it and occasionally squeezing playfully. I think about tonight and having sex with him again in the hotel. I often fantasise about us and get an urge to be with him immediately. I miss his touch and how expert he is, knowing what I want him to do better than I do! He looks up at me and winks, giving me a lingering kiss on and then licking his lips slowly. Oh my god.

They're amazing live. Vann gives 110% and tosses his funny, floppy hair to the beat of every song. The crowd are loving it and the atmospheres lovely. The venue is just the right size to be personal and still big enough to feel like a big experience.