Halloween continued

I wait in the kitchen as Matty goes into the hallway to greet the new arrivals. I hear a ripple of chatter from the hall and hear Adam and Ross's voices as well as some I don't recognise. I wander into the corridor nervously and smile at them

"Hey guys, long time no see!" I say

"Yeah! Hey Holly, heard The Bottlemen were good the other week?" says Ross

"Yeah, so good!"

"They did Kathleen first, right? That's such a tune" Adam chips in

"Yeah, it was perfect" we stand awkwardly for a second until George breaks it

"Oh, Hols, I forgot! This is Mack" he points to a tall boy with long ginger hair and a large ear stretcher, he has a skull tshirt on, but I can't tell whether that's for halloween or if it's his normal clothes "and this is Joe" he points out a boy with black hair slicked back and fangs drawn on under his bottom lip.

"Hey" I smile

"Y'alright?" says Mack, he has a slight Manchester accent "heard a lot about ya" he winks at Matty and I laugh awkwardly... I wonder what he hold him... Joe smirks and says

"Where's the drink then?"

"Kitchen, mate" says George and they run off to the room and take their pick.

"Get us a couple of cans will you, mate?" Adam says to Mack as they leave.

We make our way down the narrow corridor to the living room at the back

"D'you get the gear then, mate?" Matty asks Adam

"Yeah, yeah, bit steep though"

"What, how much was it all?"

"40 quid. For a couple bags of weed and one of coke! 40 quid"

"Shit, that's a fucking outrage! Did you say anything to him or...?"

"Course I didn't I just paid him, didn't I!"

I never thought about how much drugs actually cost before now. That's a lot. Imagine what Matty could afford if he'd saved all the money he spent on drugs... a house? A decent car definitely!

"Y'alright babe?" Matty says as we get into the living room and make our way to a sofa

"Yeah I'm good" I smile

"Great" he kisses me. His lips taste of wine and I like it.

Mack and Joe come into the room with some cans for the boys and sit down on the fluffy carpet.

"That's Mack and that's Joe" George says to Becka and Lucy. They smile and Joe and Mack say hi "why is there no music on?" George mutters to himself as he goes to his large speaker deck and puts on some house music I don't recognise

"Yes, tune!" says Ross as he leans back on the sofa, sipping at his beer.

We chat like that for a while until the rest of them arrive. The conversation mostly consists of the boys, with the girls chipping in from time to time. The girls speak up more as they drink more and the boys start to become more interested in them. I notice Ross and Lucy are looking close and smile.

When the doorbell rings I'm introduced to Tom, who's black and speaks with a slight Caribbean accent. He's wearing burgandy DMs, which I compliment him on, his girlfriend Amie who is wearing a back bralet and hot pants with a spider hair grip in her wildly curly blonde hair. She grins at me and hugs me, I think she may be stoned already. Then comes Lily, a very pale girl with light blue hair with black roots and a lip piercing and her boyfriend Jack who is wearing a ghostbusters tshirt and also has a lip piercing. Finally the famous John arrives with Ella, he's wearing a white long sleeve tshirt that has a fake blood splatter up it and she's wearing cat ears and has whiskers drawn onto her face. John seems nice but quiet and Ella seems louder and funnier, they're not a couple.