Day 8 continued

It's foggy and chilly this morning so I bring a hoodie and throw it on as we walk. Ally tells us we have climbing but none if us our in the mood, especially me, Matty, George and Jamie... we all look a little green and are fighting the misery from our come-down. At the canteen we pick at our food and all we drink is black coffee "It helps" says Matty "trust me". After breakfast we trudge to the climbing wall and tell the instructor, Matt, that we're feeling ill today. He says we can sit out and if we feel really bad we can go to the medical room. While all the others climb we sit on the wooden bench near the wall.

"So... any bright ideas about where we're gonna have my party?" Matty asks

"Ummm... the pavilion?" suggests Jamie

"Nah... too public they'll hear us" replies George

"What about the Barn?" I say

"What barn?" Asks Matty

"It's by the old farm... it's never used! I don't know if we can get in there or not... I went in there once to get straw for a craft thing... it's pretty creepy, I dunno it's just an idea!"

"Nah that sounds good actually... how far away is it?"

"Umm.... about 20 minutes walk max... it's not technically on site but it's not too far off!"

"That sounds perfect, Hols!" Matty grins, puts his arm around me and kisses me on the cheek. George gives me a funny look

"Will everyone fit? How many people are coming to this thing anyway?" George asks

"Probably just the Glasto lot" smiles Matty "all of us plus Adam and Ross and whatever girls they want to bring!"

"Awesome, everyone will fit fine!" I say "what have you got left in your bag?"

"Umm..." he runs his fingers through his hair, thinking "I've got quite a lot of sniff... half a bottle of vodka, a small one, and... a bit of weed"

"That's pretty good!" I say

"Yeah but I'm getting through the sniff pretty quickly... I'll probably have pretty much only weed by Monday"

"Right... You could save it?" he laughs a little at my suggestion and lights a cigarette

"Pull?" he offers holding it out

"Sure" I take it and have a puff "so do any of you know a dealer round here?"

"Nah, mines back in Manchester... we're in the middle of nowhere Hols! We can maybe get drink? there's probably a corner shop in the village that way" he points vaguely "George have you got your ID?"

"Yeah... but we can't just go off site, they'd notice!"

"Not if we do it after lights out... Just before we walk to the barn?"

"I dunno mate we could just get stoned... how much weed you got?"

"Enough... just"

"Let's just do that then!" I say "we don't want to get caught getting booze we don't even need!" we agree to stick to weed and the conversation ends, the mood drops considerably and we don't really talk. Before we know it it's lunch. I don't feel hungry but Matty makes me eat some bread, assuring me I'll only feel worse with nothing. George and Jamie aren't as all over each other as usual, not sitting next to each other as they always have. He needs to act normal with her or they'll know something's up! For gods sake...

After lunch Ally tells us that we need to pack away all the camping stuff from the other day because we left it out and the site manager's really angry with us about it. Afternoon sessions are cancelled so that we can drag all the stuff back to the pavilion, scrub the writing off the bell tent and hang it all out to dry. We trudge back and forth from the site to the pavilion carrying armfuls of heavy, wet, smelly fabric and ruined fairylights. It's a miserable task and it brings our mood down even more, if that's possible! 2 hours later the sheets and blankets are pretty much spotless and we're all exhausted from the long and difficult work of the afternoon.