Day 13

I wake up and realise I'm still on the sofa, my head on Matty's lap. He's still fast asleep so I sit up slowly and creep out of the room to shower. I enter our room, grab an outfit for today and my phone and walk into the bathroom. I turn the shower on and strip down naked, picking up my phone to put some music on. The screen is full of notifications, I haven't checked my phone in ages! My heart sinks as I read the top one:

"5 missed calls from Jamie"

Oh god. I turn the shower off, wrap myself in a dressing gown and go and sit outside on our balcony. It's not as warm as it has been but pleasant enough to sit out in. I check the time, 8:38. Jamies probably going to breakfast now with the rest of the group. The memory of the manor seems so distant and far removed from where I am now. I press 'call' and hear the familiar 'beep-beep' of it ringing.

"Hello?"

"Jamie! Hi!" I say a little awkwardly

"Yeah, hi" she sounds moody

"How are things with you?"

"Pretty shit to be honest. Me and George had a fight... we're okay but it's awkward... I just really want to go home!" this last sentence catches in her throat a little, she sounds like she might cry

"Oh, Jamie... I... I'm so sorry for what happened! It was so stupid and I'm so so sorry!"

"No, I'm sorry! I don't know why I let that come between us... I mean, you apologised and I don't know why I didn't just accept that?! It's my fault you and Matty left isn't it?"

"Well, partly... but we would've had to leave anyway!"

"Yeah you're probably right... how're things with you guys?"

"Really good!... Had a bit of a scare yesterday though.."

"Oh, what happened?"

"I thought... I thought I was pregnant! I'm not though, don't worry!"

"Oh my god, Holly! Were you not using protection?!"

"We kept forgetting... and we didn't the first time at the Glasto thing did we!"

"Oh yeah! Me and George did it by the way... it was alright... did your first time hurt a little?!" She whispers this last part

"Yeah it did for a few times, don't worry that's normal"

"Oh okay good! It was good though... just a little uncomfortable!"

"Yeah I know what you mean!... I've missed you Jamie! I've missed our chats!"

"Yeah same! You're still coming home with me tomorrow aren't you?"

"Yeah if that's good with you! I'll wait at the bottom gate at the end of the drive!"

"Yeah see you then!"

"Okay bye!"

"Bye!"

I hang up and feel so relieved. It's easy to convince yourself you hate someone when you haven't spoken in a while. I love Jamie and I'm not about to lose her friendship over one argument.

"Hols" I can hear him calling from the landing below. I walk downstairs and greet him with a kiss

"Morning!" I say cheerily "you wanted me?"

"Yes I did.." he says cheekily, sliding a hand inside my dressing gown

"Stop it!" I laugh him away "what did you actually want" he laughs

"Umm... I was gonna ask how you wanted your eggs?"

"You're making eggs! Aw that's so sweet!" I kiss him and say "scrambled"

He's a really good cook. We sit on the balcony and eat our food hungrily. People are starting to make their way about their business on the streets and the park is full of joggers in designer track suits and fashionable women walking tiny dogs.

"So what are we doing today?" I ask

"Hmm.." his brow creases "I was thinking... weed?" I laugh

"I meant what activity not what drug!"

"That is an activity" he grins "c'mon, we light a spliff, watch some telly, listen to music... that doesn't sound perfect to you?" I laugh again then smile at him

"Yeah it does"

"It's a date!" He grins his cheeky grin and winks at me.

We go inside and throw our plates in the now full sink, getting semi dressed and going into the living room. We sit cross legged opposite each other on the sofa as Matty rolls the spliff carefully. In a second he puts it between his lips and lights it, passing it to me. The warm tingly sensation comes through me once more and I giggle a little at the pleasure of it. We watch car crash telly like 'Real Housewives' and 'Jeremy Kyle', laughing at everything hysterically and taking bad selfies and videos. Soon, he becomes bored of this so we put some music on the expensive speaker system in the corner of the room. Matty chooses 'Catfish and the Bottlemen' and we dance and dance until we're exhausted.

I lie across his lap again in the smoky room. The afternoon light comes through the partially closed blinds in beautiful sun beams. I look up into his face.

"Why did you want me?"

"Huh?" he seems almost half asleep

"Out of all those girls on camp, why me? You could've had any of us?"

"What you asking that for?" he sounds confused

"Well it's not like I'm the prettiest or skinniest, that's Jamie, and it's not like I'm-"

"Hols." he stops me "I chose you because you're you. That's all that matters, yeah?" I look into his gorgeous eyes and feel tears welling up a little in my own

"Yeah" I reply softly, smiling.

_______________________

PLEASE...

VOTE! FOLLOW! SHARE!

Thank you so much, love you guys!

After the 2 weeks are over I'll do a few follow up chapters onwards from it so don't go deleting this when it gets to day 14!:)

Xxxxxx