Halloween

"Ugh, how much longer?" moans Jamie. She's sitting opposite me on the train. It's a gloomy day, the lights are on in the carriage even though it's only 4pm.

"That's the fifth time you've asked me that since we got on" I laugh "Manchester's pretty far away you know!"

"I know" she whines "but this is soooo long! And this costumes fucking uncomfortable" she pulls at her outfit and fidgets around on her seat

"I said you should just put it on when you get there! Anyways, I don't think they're going all-out so it could be a bit much..."

"Yeah" says Lucy, our friend from school, "if no ones really dressing up you'll look, like, a bit stupid!"

"Yeah... and really Jamie? Slutty skeleton?" I laugh

"I had it anyway so I thought I'd just wear it!" Jamie says defensively.

We're sitting on four seats with a table inbetween us. I'm wearing zombie makeup and a ripped oversize tshirt with black rip knee jeans and black converse. My hair is back-combed and up in a high ponytail. I'm basically going as a zombie version of myself, same as Matty is. Lucy is wearing a top with a skeleton on it and has a skeleton mask to put on later, otherwise she's dressed almost the same as me. She said she didn't want to go as anything 'slutty' because of her size so we said that was fine. Her blonde hair is plaited back in a fishtail braid.

Our other friend, Becka, is on her phone with her earphones in (probably on tumblr) and isn't being very sociable. She's not strictly dressed as anything and is wearing an Urban Outfitters chunky knit cardigan with faded Levi's but she is wearing a t-shirt with a pumpkin on. She has way too much eyeliner on under her large vintage-style glasses.

Jamie has certainly pulled out all the stops. She's wearing a sort of leotard with a skeleton print on and a black tutu with high back stilettos. She is completely overdressed and I've told her this but she clearly wants to impress George or something... she looks amazing and everything... but she's going to stick out a lot.

"Becka?" Lucy says quietly. Becka doesn't hear her.

"Becka!" I say loudly. She removes an earphone

"Sorry I was listening to Lana Del Rey... what did you want?" I roll my eyes

"Just wondering if you were going I talk to us at all today?" I smirk

"Um, yes, if you talk to me then I'll talk obviously but how am I supposed to talk when you all ignore me?!" she glares at me

"What?!" I say "look, I'm sorry I didn't mean to ignore you! Can you be sociable now please?" She sighs and takes out her other earphone, looking at me expectantly.

"Right" I carry on "so I just want to establish some stuff about tonight. As I've said, there's gonna be drugs and drink and sex there. You don't need to do any drugs to have fun, or drink too much - in fact, watch that you don't drink too much... stick to Smirnoff Ice and don't do shots if you don't know your limits. There is no pressure to get with any boys... Don't do if you're really drunk and... just get into it! Don't let yourself just sit out of it cus you'll have so much more fun if you just throw yourself into it! Yeah?" This last part was mainly directed towards Becka and Lucy as they tend to sit out at social events.

"Yeah, I'll try" smiles Lucy

"Are you gonna do drugs?" Becka asks bluntly

"Umm..." I reply "nothing more than weed probably... Matty's trying to stop coke so hopefully if I don't do any, he won't... yeah I think I'll do weed but nothing more - I suggest you guys do the same!"