Day 13 continued

The effect of the drug wears off a little and my vision becomes clearer. The song changes to 'Homesick' by Catfish and The Bottlemen and Matty looks at me. We're both lying cuddled up on the sofa, my head on his chest.

"Let's go see them" he says suddenly

"See who?" I ask

"This lot" he gestures towards the speakers "The Bottlemen"

"Okay!" I say, grinning "when?"

"Let me see..." he starts to sit up and grabs his MacBook from the glass coffee table. He types it into google and scrolls through the results

"They're at Camden in 2 months..." he mumbles "that should be easy... I'll tell my mum I'm staying with a mate and we can have an overnight at a hotel or something?"

"Yeah! Let's do it! How much are the tickets?"

"£25!"

"Bargain! Definitely! Let's go!" we both grin as he enters his card details and confirms it. The prospect of doing this with him excites me... but 2 months is a long time! "I can't imagine spending 2 months away from you! Which is weird because I literally met you less than 2 weeks ago!"

"I know same here... it's weird! I can probably come down before that if we get our acts together!?"

"Yeah we'll try! Also, my parents generally send me to the manor for a few days at New Years if they go away... if they do I'll tell them I can stay with a girlfriend in Manchester and come see you! They're pretty relaxed so it should be fine!"

"Yes, Hols!" he pus his arm round me and kisses me on the cheek "perfect!".

The evening is chilly and the sky is a deep indigo colour outside. We light the roaring fire and sit and talk, Ben Howard playing from the speakers in the background. I realise that never when I'm with him do I have to think about what to say, it all comes naturally. It's like I always know exactly what to say, which I've never felt with anyone before him.

"So come on then, Hols" Matty says "tell me about your exes... I can't have been your first boyfriend, surely!" I smile

"No, you weren't... umm well in year 9 I dated this year 11 called Tom..."

"Oo and what was he like?" He says playfully

"Quite good-looking... bit of a scumbag, though... did way too much weed and used to steal mars bars for me from the local shop" he laughs

"Whereas now your boyfriend does coke and steals you dresses..." he winks "So how far did you go with him?"

"Oh, hardly anything! We made out and he squeezed by boob way too hard! It only lasted like, 3 weeks or something! What about you?"

"Errmm... there was Rosie... bit of a slut to be honest... George and Adam both got with her after me! Nice enough, wore too much makeup though and her friends were fucking irritating!" I laugh

"And how far did that go?"

"We had sex.. but it was bad REALLY bad, at Reading, actually! Oh, god it lasted about 3 seconds and she did the worst fake orgasm you've ever heard!" he does an impression of it and we both laugh hysterically

"So... How old were you then?"

"Um... well, it was year 10 so... 14/15? I'd had girlfriends before her, though"

"Oh, right" I say "who was your first time?"

"Umm... girl called Lucy. We'd gone out for like, 3 months when it happened I think? We didn't really plan it we just got drunk at a party and it went down. I don't really remember it to be honest! She said it was good, but then they always say that!" we laugh

"How old were you then?"

"Really young, like 13! I guess you could say I was in with a 'bad crowd'? ... maybe I still am" he laughs "yeah I never really had a choice, I grew up pretty fast"

"When did you first do drugs?"

"I had a puff of a joint when I was 13 and it kinda went up from there... I've done some really stupid shit like heroin and all that... but it's too dark and no fun! I could never use that shit every day"

"Yeah I know what you mean... I don't think I'll be doing anything more than weed again... I don't want it to rule my life! Not saying it rules yours, I just-"

"I know what you mean. I do. But it's possible to stop! Like, I haven't had any coke in nearly... what, a week! And I did it basically every day for 6 months!"

"Fair point!" I say "I'm proud of you" I kiss him and smile

"It's all because of you" he smiles

I pull him in to kiss me passionately, we pull each other closer and closer as the pieces of clothing come off, one by one. Luckily, this time we remember a condom - we've learnt our lesson on that one! I look into his eyes and feel the now familiar, wonderful feeling this brings.

"I love you" I say as we finish

"You, too babe" he grins and kisses me again.

Later, we sit half-clothed and content by the fire, playing scrabble, a wine bottle in between us. We're both terrible at it but thought it would be a laugh. Matty's brow furrows at his rack of letters and I laugh at the focus in his face

"You're taking this very seriously aren't you?" I smile

"Yes" he laughs "why wouldn't I?"

"Well, it's only scrabble!" we laugh again

"Yeah... I s'pose I am getting a bit into this..." he grins at me then the smirk drops from his face "Hols!" he near shouts jumping up and grabbing the wine bottle "I fucking forgot! Oh my god! How could I forget that!? Come on!" he sprints out of the room leaving me worried and shocked, sitting on the floor. I run after him shouting his name but he only runs ahead faster. We go all the way downstairs to the entrance hall and Matty turns to me by a white door I never noticed before. He gives me his cheeky grin and opens it, gesturing for me to go in.

There's a pool. A fucking pool! Rounded and blue with intricate tiled mosaic patterns and stylish spotlights from above who's reflections dance on the water. It's beautiful.

"Ta-da!" says Matty, laughing at the stunned expression on my face

"Oh my god!" I say with glee, jumping into his arms and kissing him "this is amazing!"

"You coming in?" He says, taking off his clothes and standing there naked

"Hell yeah!" I say and we laugh as I, too remove all my clothes. We stand on the edge, holding hands as we count to three and jump. The water is warm and refreshing. I've never skinny dipped before and the feeling is amazing, the smooth water touches every inch of my skin and we embrace, kissing and laughing and splashing. The wine has made me a little dizzy and giggly and I have a huge stupid grin on my face. Matty picks me up around his waist and kisses me.

"Us against the world, Hols!" he shouts, his words echoing slightly in the room.

"Us against the world!" I shout in reply and pull him into a tighter embrace, breathing in his scent of weed and wine and chlorine but also his own distinctive smell I've grown to love. I can't help but thinking, though, at the back of my mind...

Our time is almost up.

_______________________

VOTE! FOLLOW! SHARE!

Going to see The 1975 in 3 days guys! SO EXCITED! I'll let you know how it goes!

Thank you for 7000 reads! It's unbelievable, I started this hoping for 100 at best! :"D

Xxxxxx