Thunderstorms

Thunder rumbled in the distance causing Red to tremble. Green chuckled inside his head as he tried to hide a smile. Red who had became champion, who was frozen into an ice sculpture on Mt Moon, who was again frozen into stone is afraid of a thunderstorm.

They were currently taking shelter in a small cave when the rain started to pelt down on them. Red groaned as he held his espeon from running out to play in the rain. Green giggled quietly into his sleeve to make sure Red didn't hear him.

"Why don't you just put him back into his pokeball?" Green asked with a small smile. He frowned when Red just stared at him. "Is there something on my face?" He growled.

Red looked away and grabbed espeons pokeball and placed the cat like eeveelution into the ball. "Nothing it's just you were smiling."

Green frowned and looked at the entrance, where the rain was pelting down. "And that's a problem because?"

"Because you never really smile. It's cute."

Green whipped his head towards Red and glared at him. "It is not! I am not cute!"

Red laughed and got up to sit beside the brunette. "Whatever you say cutie."

Green huffed and looked away. Red was the only one who got to see this side of the spiked haired male since they knew each other since they were both at the age of ten. Plus Red's grin made Greens heart beat faster, butterflies fluttering in his stomach, and a blush threating to flare up on his face. Didn't help that Red was taller then him as well.

Another boom of thunder sounded, causing a small yelp to escape from Red as he jumped. Green raised a brow as he looked over at him, causing Red to blush. "Oh be quiet!"

"I didn't even say anything." Green replied in a monotone voice.

"Your expression said plenty enough thank you very much!" Red exclaimed as he jumped again from another boom of thunder. Green rolled his eyes and shifted closer to him. Grabbing Red's hand, he placed it over his chest. "Just focus on my heartbeat." Green gently told him.

Red slipped his eyes shut, focusing on the smaller males heartbeat. He could feel his own heartbeat slow down to match the brunettes and instantly he started to feel more relaxed. So relaxed that he didn't even notice the boom of thunder.

"Its funny you know? You have no problem hanging out with a pikachu but yet you are afraid of thunder storms."

"Well that's different! I have no problem with thunder bolts okay!"

Green chuckled and shook his head, giving Red a small smile, causing the other male to smile back. It stayed silent for a while after that. With Red's hand still on Greens chest, just focusing on his heartbeat.

"Hey Green?" The brunette looked up and hummed a little, signaling Red that he was listening. "How did you know this would calm me down?"

Green sighed and looked down at the floor. "My sister always have panic attacks so I learned that getting her to focus on my heartbeat always got her to breathe again. I didn't even know it would work."

"Thank you." Red whispered as he stared at the floor. He furrowed his eyebrows as he felt the other males heartbeat quicken. He looked up to see Green looking away, biting his lip as he had a light blush on his cheeks. "Green?"

"It's nothing! I'm fine! I think I am going to explore the cave!" Green exclaimed as he stood up, walking deeper into the cave. Red furrowed his eye brows as he stood up to follow the shorter male.

Green sure was confusing sometimes.