Stayed by my Side

It was a beautiful sunny morning. The birds are chirping and everyone who was a morning person was up and about. In a quiet apartment in Viridian City, a boy was the only one awake.

Green was currently lying on the couch in his favorite pajamas, reading his favorite book and Red's blanket was draped over him. Flipping a page over, he sighed as he read a part about the two lovers who fought to stay together. romance was a secret thing he loved that nobody knew he liked.

Well, one person did but his boyfriend, but he doesn't count. Smiling as he glanced up and saw Red wave at him as he sat down.

"You're up early." Was the first thing the raven haired male said as he slowly woke up. Green just tilted his head and shrugged as he went back to his book. "How did you get out here?"

Green sighed as he closed the book and glared at his boyfriend. "Just because I am paralyzed from the waist down does not mean that I am useless." He growled as he reached down and ran a hand down eevees back. Red winced as he got up and kneeled down beside the brunet.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you hurt." Red explained quietly as he placed a kiss on the smaller males temple. "I know that, but you also know that I am fully capable to move myself around." Green said as he looked at him.

"I know. I was your only friend." Red said as he stood up. "What would you like for breakfast?"

Green watched as he walked around the couch. "I don't know. Surprise me." Red smiled as he walked into the kitchen. The brunet stared out the living room clear glass door for a little while as he thought about his life.

Green was born with a very weak hip, and the doctor who took care of him thought that he could do anything. But during the surgery the doctor screwed up and damaged his spine. So five years later, a little Green went into another surgery but the damage was so bad they couldn't do much of anything. Red was his only friend at that age and he was there for him as Green got older and was slowly losing the function and feelings in his legs.

When they turned ten, Green was terrified that Red would leave him to go on his pokemon adventure, which he did but he promised to keep in touch with him. Red did keep his promise so when he became champion the first one he told was him. Green was so proud for his friend and with that they both went to high school because even if you go on your adventure you still had to go to school.

When they met again in for the first time in four years, Red was sad to see Green in a wheelchair full time now since they were both now fourteen years old and Red hugged the brunet as hard as he could. He pulled away and gently placed a pokeball in Green's hand making him confused. Red had just smiled and told him to open it, which he did and it showed him a beautiful baby eevee.

Green looked down at the fully grown eevee in his lap and smiled. She was beautiful and she knew exactly how to help him. He flinched when Red set down a plate in front of him and smiled.

Green waited until Red moved his legs so he was in an upright position so he could eat better. Staring at his legs, Green sighed and leaned over to pull the blanket he was snuggling with over his legs, so he didn't have to look at them anymore. He reached over and picked up his plate, gently placing it into his lap and started eating.

Thank god Red's mother taught him how to cook when they moved in together. Her exact words were 'If you are going to be in a relationship with Green, you need to at least feed him without killing him.'

"So I was thinking that maybe we should get out of the house today." Red said cautiously. Green stopped eating and stared at the wall. "Where would we go?" the brunet asked. Red shrugged as he leaned back into the cushions. "We have to pick up a few things and Blue has been asking about you so we could visit her."

Putting down his fork and placing the plate back onto the table, not even flinching when eevee jumped into his lap. "Do we have to? Can't we do it tomorrow or something?" The smaller male asked as he placed a gentle hand on his eevees lap, getting a small lick from her. "You haven't left the house at all this month. Some fresh air would be good for you." Red said as he wrapped an arm around Green's shoulders.

"I just don't like the way they stare or laugh. It reminds me of high school." He mumbled in a quiet voice. High school was hard on both of them. The popular kids wanted Red to join them for pokemon battles and for fun, but Red had refused and stuck by Green's side. High school got a bit better in their third year when Red and Green confessed to each other and started a relationship.

Green looked up when he felt his partner moved in front of him. "Who cares." He said in a serious tone which caused Green to smile slightly. "I guess you're right. You stayed by my side this entire time so I suppose I am protected. Now get over here so I can kiss you." Green said as he waited for Red, who was laughing, to lean over and kiss him.

When Red did pull back, Green picked up eevee and place her beside him. "Whelp, we might as well go visit everyone since I am leaving the house." He smiled when he saw Red beam, and patiently waited for Red to pick him up and carefully carry him to the bed room to get dressed.

The things he does for his boyfriend.