Kitten

A/N: This was a request made by a2h1ey on Archive of Our Own! So please do enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Morning professor! Is Green awake?" Red asked as he entered the lab on a sunny morning. Ever since he made friends with the Professors grandson ten years ago, he always went to the lab on sunny days. Professor Oak looked up from his research notes and smiled. "Yep and he's playful today." He answered, making Red nod.

The thing is with Green he is a little different from the other kids. Not to much different Red always thought as he walked up the stairs. Green well, he had cat ears and a tail different. Not to much different! Okay maybe he was since Green did act like a cat himself all the time. Now that they are both sixteen, Green didn't want to leave the house anymore since the kids made fun of him now that they are all older.

"Green! I'm here!" Red called as he opened the door only to catch his breath. Green looked up at him from the little dirt pile that he made as he attacked a plant. "Okay I have an explanation for this! The plant offended me!" Green called out as he sat up, using his hand to get all the dirt out of his hair.

"The plant....offended you? How! It's a plant!" Red exclaimed as he closed the door, walking over towards the small neko. "Well I was watering it and one of the leaves hit me in the face." Green said as he licked his hand. "So you attacked it?" Red asked as he sat on the bed, watching as Green nodded before looking up at him.

Red sighed before he shook his head as he felt Green's tail wrap around his ankle. "Was that a bad thing?" Green asked in a tiny voice as he looked down in shame, his ears pressed flat to his head. "No. Just don't do it again cause now you need a bath." Red replied as he watched Green hiss. "No bath!"

"Yes bath!" Red said as he stood up, walking towards the bathroom. "Now don't make this difficult." The raven haired male shook his head as he turned the knobs to get a comfortable temperature with the water before picking up two different bubble baths. "Green apple or orange blossom?" He called, frowning when he didn't get a reply. "Green?" Red called before he just rolled his eyes, opening the orange blossom bottle and pouring a good amount into the water.

Red quickly closed the bottle and made his way into the room, frowning as he couldn't see Green anywhere. "Kitten where did you go?" He stopped when he saw a fawn coloured tail flick underneath the bed. Chuckling, Red got down on the floor and gave Green an unimpressed look. "Really?"

Green just huffed as he glared at him. "No bath." He stated as he flicked his tail again. Red let out a breath before he smiled. "Be good and I will give you lots of cuddles and treats." Ah looks like he got the nekos attention now. "Really? Lots of cuddles?" Green asked as he smiled. Red nodded and Green climbed out from underneath the bed before he hugged the taller male.

"Green! Great now I have dirt all over my clothes!" Red grumbled as he felt Green snuggle into his neck. "Your lucky kitten." Red said as he picked the smaller male up and walked over to the bathroom. Setting Green down on the toilet, Red leaned over to turn the water off before bending down. "Okay kitten lets make this quick."

Green whined a little before he slowly took his shirt off, squirming when Red took off his socks. "Stay still Kitten." Red softly demanded. "But that tickles." Green giggled as he tried to kick Red away from his feet. Red finally was able to take the other sock off before he placed his hands on the nekos hips, making the brunet blush.

"What are you doing!? I can do that myself!" Green yelped as he squirmed even more, making Red raise a brow. "What's wrong with you?" Red asked making Green even more flustered. "Nothing!" He exclaimed as he stood up. "Turn around!" He cried making Red even more confused.

"I've given you baths before so what's different now?" The raven haired male asked as the brunet blushed even more. "Nothing!" Green exclaimed as he looked down at the floor. Red shrugged before he walked over towards him. "There we go now come on. Lets make this bath quick."

Ten minutes later, Green was gripping the sides of the tub hard while Red was rubbing soap into his hair, being mindful to not touch the ears. Green always told him to not touch them without permission since they were extremely sensitive. "Kitten do you want to wash your own ears?" Red asked as he placed his hands on the nekos shoulders. Green nodded before he used his hands to gently massage his ears.

When done he placed his hands back onto the sides and shivered when Red grabbed a cup to fill it up with water. "Okay now be still kitten. Don't want any soap in your eyes." Red said softly before he ever so gently started to rub the soap out of his hair. "Hey Red? What do you find attractive?"

Red frowned as he stopped for a second to think about it. "I really don't know to be honest." He replied as he got back to his task. Green huffed as he played with his tail in the water. "Which gender do you prefer?" He asked making Red stop again. "Male for sure. Females are to crazy and moody." Red eventually answered before going back to Green's hair.

"Why so many questions?" He asked making Green shrug. "Just wanted to know. If you do find somebody are you going to forget about me?"

"Never, you are too important to me to do that." Red answered making Green fell a light fluttering in his stomach. Well Green supposed he was alright with that for now. It was silent for a few more moments until Red stood up grabbing a towel. "Okay kitten. We're done so come on out."

Green nodded before he stood up and wrapped the towel around himself, happily getting out of the tub. Red smiled as he grabbed another towel and started to dry the nekos hair. "Red how important to you am I?"

"Very. Now get dressed and I will be cleaning up the mess." He answered before he left, making Green frown. That didn't answer his question at all. Oh well at least he gets cuddles now. Grabbing a pair of shorts and a sweater he threw them on quickly before he tended to his hair. He liked his hair in a specific way so he had to do it himself. After about ten minutes of doing his hair, Green nodded to himself feeling satisfied before he left the bathroom, stopping when he didn't see Red around.

"Red?" He called out as he looked around the room before he sat down on his bed. Where did he go? Looking at the door, he flinched when it opened and Red walked into the room, smiling as he made his way over towards Green. "Alright kitten what do you want to do now?"

"Movie! I want to cuddle!" Green said happily while Red chuckled before walking over towards the movies to pick one out, popping it into the player before laying down, Green cuddling into him as he purred. He loved his kitten so much, and he just couldn't help it when he kissed the nekos temple, watching him blush a little. So adorable.

Green yawned a little before he snuggled into Red's chest, sighing in content. If he could do this everyday for the rest of his life he would die a happy kitten. Or that is what Red calls him all the time. Why did Red call him that? Because of the ears and tail? Made sense if that was why. But for now he was going to enjoy this as much as he can before Red had to leave. Ah he needed to tell Red that he loved him at some point but he was going to take one step at a time.

For now he was just happy to be Red's kitten.