Unexpected Feelings

A/N: Hey guys! So this chapter was requested by Echo on Archive of Our Own. I do hope you enjoy this and sorry for any mistakes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An alarm clock blared on a cold winter morning. A person shifted in the bed before a groan was heard and the person sat up to turn off the alarm clock. Swinging their legs over the side of the bed, they stood up and padded along the cold wooded floor until they opened the door and out into the hallway.

Green pulled out a chair and sat down at his kitchen table as he stared and watched the snow fall gently down from the sky. It only made him think about Red, who was somewhere. It was all his fault now that he thinks about it. Thinking about the summer wind and two little boys playing on the hill that was just outside his grandfather's lab. He could see it now, his first mistake.

Seven year old boys were sitting in a classroom with thirteen other students. One with dark brown hair that it looked like the colour black and another boy with spiky light brown hair. They had to do an activity that involved making a presentation and speaking in front of the class. Which Green did the speaking and Red making the presentation. But everyday of that week, Green was growing and growing more distant, becoming more aware of the rumors that was going about.

Near the end of class, Red had turned towards him and spoke with his hands. 'Is everything alright?' Green had looked away and nodded, not really feeling up to arguing with his little friend. When the bell rang, Green had got up and left the classroom as fast as possible.

His phone dinged causing Green to look over and pick the small device up to look at the screen. His grandfather wanted to see him after he was done his shift at the gym. Green frowned and dropped the phone back onto the table, feeling even more miserable then he had before.

Muttering under his breath he stood up and walked to the bathroom. After fixing his hair and everything he was soon walking down the streets of Viridian City. As he was walking he stopped at a sign and looked both directions. Go to Pallet Town and call in sick, or go to the gym and avoid his grandfather? He jumped when his phone went off, not expecting it to go off he drew the phone out of his pocket and smiled.

Turning towards Pallet Town he excitedly ran to the small home town after he found out that his sister was back in town from her two year trip in Kalos. Just outside of Pallet Town he slowed down to a halt. Breathing hard he looked out at the small town that has never changed since he left when he was ten.

Fixing his hair rather quickly, Green walked quickly towards his grandfathers lab. Turning on the dirt path that lead to the huge lab, he smiled as he saw all kinds of pokemon playing with each other in the fresh green grass. In some ways Green missed the place, running through the fields without a second thought with Red right beside him. Those were the good times, until he screwed it up.

Shaking his head to get the depressing thoughts out of his mind, he walked up to the blue metal door and pressed the red door button on the right side of the door. He could hear the chime ring through the lab and only had to wait for a few seconds before Daisy opened the door, throwing her arms around her younger brother.

Laughing, he tightly hugged her back before they pulled apart and smiled at each other. "How was your trip? I can't wait to hear all about it!" He decided to ask his sister. Daisy smiled sweetly before it fell off her face. "We will talk about it later, but there is something else that kinda needs your attention."

"What do you mean?" Green asked as he took a step inside. Kicking off his shoes, he followed her down the front hallway as she stayed quiet. They kept walking until they entered the huge living space area, seeing Professor Oak sitting on the leather couch and another person sitting across from him.

"Hey, I am here! I knew you were going to need my help someday old man." Green smirked as he tried to figure out who the person was until they turned around, making Green gasp. Red eyes stared back at him before Red gave him a small wave. Green felt a lot of emtions run through him all at once. Regret, relief, love and mostly anger.

"You asshole! How dare you leave without informing anybody! Do you have any idea how long it took me to calm your mother down!?" Green yelled as he walked around the couch to stop in front of Red, glaring at him the entire time as he contiuned to rant. "Not only that, but do you have any idea how I felt!? Everyone blamed me that you left and I believed them!"

He stopped yelling when all of a sudden Red stood up and hugged him. "You jerk!" Green exclaimed weakly, hating himself for getting so emtional. Red pulled back before he used his hands to speak. 'I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. I never wanted to hurt you of all people, I just needed space.'

Green sniffled as he glared. "For three years!" Green couldn't help but notice how Red wasn't a skinny small boy anymore and he had no idea how to feel about it. Red had smiled before signing again. 'Yes. I'm sorry.'

Green stared at him. How can this boy be so freaking perfect? Shaking his head he wiped a tear off his cheek. "Yea I get it, your freaking sorry. It still doesn't make it okay!"

Daisy smiled as she quietly walked over to Professor Oak and took his arm, leading him out of the room to give the boys space.

Green sat down staring at the floor trying to make sense of it all while Red stood, watching Green. Red leaned over and tapped Green on the shoulder, getting the other males attention. 'I missed you.'

Green blushed as he looked away. What is this feeling and why the hell can this boy make him lush without even saying anything? "I missed you too." Green mumbled as Red sat down beside him. Green was so confused and when he did figure it out, it hit him hard. He was falling for the silent male that was sitting right beside him.

Standing up rather quickly he gave Red a smirk. "Well what do you say we have a pokemon battle! I won't lose this time!" Green said as he taunted Red but more as a joke more than a bully. Red smiled as he stood up and followed the brunet outside shaking his head at Green's antics. But Red was glad he came back, for he missed Green more than even his mother. But he wasn't going to tell him that.