Second Chance

A/N Hey guys so this one shot was requested by @deadlinecircus  I hope i was able to tag ya haha. i'm a bit excited since it is my first request and i really hope that i did not disappoint you!Anyway hope you guys enjoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Green's Pov

Now get this, I a boy named Green Oak fell in love with this boy named Red Stevenson. Sounds like a mushy romance novel beginning right? Well I guess it was for a while.

I worked at a coffee shop and business was busy as always and I was at the cashier as normal. Then I had to take his order and man how can a guy be that hot? It went like that for a couple months.

But one day I finally have the guts to write my number on his cup. I knew I had a blush on my face considering how hot my face was when I handed the coffee to him and he gave me this beautiful smile. You know that smile right? A smile that makes butterflies flutter in your stomach and your brain to stop working as it focuses on that one smile? Well that was the one he gave me.

I didn't see him for a couple of days after that. I hated myself for being so stupid, I must have scared him away. Like, do you know how hard it is to find someone who else is gay and actually likes you? It is so freaking hard let me tell you that.

But one day as I was lazing on my couch watching a movie, I got a call. Without thinking I just answered it, but I was not expecting it to be him. I freaked out in my mind as I tried to talk to him with a huge stutter. God why am I so stupid like this sometimes?

The conversation went smoothly surprisingly, and I learned a lot about him. His name was Red Stevenson, he was twenty one years old and he worked at a high class restaurant as a chef. Like I said, how can someone be so perfect, I shall never know.

We went on our first date three days later. He was so gentle and sweet, he listened to everything I had to say and he walked me home. He took my hand and placed a gentle kiss on my ring finger, saying that he would love to go on another date. I felt like I was walking on air.

I told my older sister Daisy all about it and we squealed. Daisy was one of the few people who actually let me act like a girl with her. She told me to be careful though and I got a little upset when she said that, but I understood why she did. I see her like my mother and I guess that is what mothers do. They over protect their kids.

But anyway, next thing I knew three months went by and Red and I were in a very healthy relationship. He was fantastic at pretty much everything. Cooking, cleaning, and let's not forget how fucking good he is in the bedroom.

I don't know how I got so lucky. This all sounds fucking perfect doesn't it. It was for awhile, until for some odd reason he started to pull away. Then it lead to us always fighting and throwing things at each other. I don't even know where it went wrong. But I decided that I had enough and I broke up with him.

I thought it was the right choice, but let me tell you it was hell. I had a hard time sleeping, I didn't eat as much as I usually did, I almost lost my job at the coffee shop from falling asleep at the counter. I was heart broken, and I hated the feeling. All I could think about was him.

A month went by and I was at work, taking orders like I used to do. And I was trying to keep a smile on my face as I did my job. I was just handing a coffee to a young lady and went back to the cashier.

"May I take your order?" I said without even looking up.

"Large coffee, two sugars please."

I froze as I looked up to see him. My mind went blank as I looked back down to run the order through. it felt like a knife was stabbing through my heart. It hurts to just look at him. I turn to get the coffee ready and I quickly stirred it. Handing it to him without even looking at him, he gently grabbed my wrist making me look him in the eyes.

He looked like he was in a worst state then I was. He had dark circles under his beautiful eyes. "When are you done work?" He whispered. I was curious in what he wanted to talk about. So I decided that I would hear him out. "In twenty minutes if you want to wait over there then go ahead."

He nodded and walked over to the table I pointed at. I turned my focused back to work, or tried to. It was hard and I felt hot all over when I felt his eyes on me. Next thing I knew twenty minutes went by and I was walking out the coffee shop, with Red hot on my heels.

It was an awkward silence and I really didn't want to take him to my apartment. So I went to the park that was a couple blocks away from the coffee shop. As we were walking, Red kept getting closer and closer. It got to the point where our fingers brushed against each other as we kept walking.

Each time our fingers met, I felt my heart beat a tiny bit faster. I know this is stupid, I a young nineteen year old male acting like a female and can't let go of my ex. But Red is so smart and hot and dear lord I need him in my life.

We finally arrived to the small park that I was leading us too. As we walked down the dirt path, we sat down on a old wooded bench. I looked over at him and saw that he was trying to figure something out in his head, and for a moment I wished I knew what he was thinking. He looked up and stared at me with this look that screamed I need help.

"What do you want to talk about?" I finally decided to start this conversation that he wanted.

"I need to explain to you what was happening with me before we broke up."

"What?" confusion ran through my head. What did he mean?

He took a deep breath and placed his hand on top of mine. I wanted to pull away, afraid of what he was going to say. "I was going through a lot."

All of a sudden I was angry. That is all he is going to say? That all the fighting and the tears was because he was going through a lot? He got some nerve, I stayed silent afraid that I was going to snap and I really didn't feel like getting into another fight.

"And I took it out on you. It wasn't fair that I put you of all people through that." He continued. I scoffed and he shot me an annoyed look. "But like they always say; you hurt the ones you love the most."

"So what were you going through?" I demanded. He was not going to get away from that.

He looked away. "My best friend crashed from his stupid drug high."

He raised his hand and slowly placed it on my cheek, like if he knew that I was tense. I let out a breath and I really didn't want to believe his words, for all I know he could be lying. But dear lord I really wanted to kiss him right now. He leaned down and kissed me gently, like if he was reading my mind.

When he pulled away my eyes fluttered open and I wondered when did I close them. He smiled that stupid smile and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

"Can we please try this again? I really don't want to let you go." He whispered against my ear, causing me to shiver. I didn't know what to say, make us both happy and hope we don't fight and fall apart like before, or say no and make us both miserable.

I took a deep breath and let out a breathy yes. He hugged me tighter to himself and I smiled. I don't know why but I have a feeling that I had made the right decision.