Patience

When he heard the news he didn't know how to feel at first. Red dating Gold? It didn't make sense to him at first, but the more he watched them flirt and do happy couple things together, the more he felt this feeling. Green had no idea what the feeling meant, but he hated it. So when he walked up to Daisy and explained to her what he was feeling, she gave him a sad smile.

"Green. Your feeling hurt, maybe jealousy. You probably have a crush on one of them and didn't even know about it till now." She gently explained, making him even more confused. He didn't know his emotions very well, not since he went to that training school in Johto, but he needed to figure it out now. He just wanted the feeling to go away.

So he spend days thinking about it and doing little tests and in the end he did figure some of it out. He seemed to have a crush on Red, and thank god because if he had a crush on Gold he would have just thrown himself off a cliff. He really found him annoying. But now the feeling hurts a lot more, more than he cares to admit.

So he started to talk to Crystal. Yellow would be useless since she gets easily flustered, Blue would never leave him alone for it, Silver would probably just tell him to go away and forget him going to Ruby and Sapphire. They have their own problems to figure out. Crystal was so understanding, listening to everything he had to say and she had smiled.

"Well, it probably hurts more because now that you are aware of your feelings, your mind now overthinks every little thing." She explained as she picked up her coffee to take a little sip. "Just think, how do you feel about me?" She asked as she set the coffee down on the table. Green answered without any hesitation. "As a really close friend, a little like a little sister."

Crystal smiled. "Alright, now why do you think you feel that way?" Green blinked, not expecting the question. "Because I know you really well." Crystal nodded. "You know Red right?" Green looked at her like she grew another head. "I certainly hope so."

Crystal giggled a little bit. "Yes, but you didn't know how to feel about him, and now that you do your brain is trying to send you a message that converts to this feeling that you have."

"So my brain is telling me that I as a person hate seeing Red and Gold together?" Green asked as Crystal nodded. He went silent after that, and for days after that conversation it bothered him. But now here he was lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling and he had no idea what to do about it. Hearing his doorbell go off, he huffed out a breath before standing up, walking over to the door and yanked it open.

"Movie night!" He heard Blue yell as she walked past Green and into his small apartment, the others following closely behind her. "Come in I guess." Green grumbled before he closed the door and turned to glare at them. Crossing his arms across his chest, he spoke out in an unwelcoming tone. "Go somewhere else."

"Awe don't be like that you big grouch! We even brought snacks." Blue sang out as she held up the grocery bags in her hands. "Don't care, get out." Green snapped before opened his door and pointed out towards the hallway. "Green, are you okay? I mean you have been a little distant lately." Yellow asked, making Green soften a little. Believe it or not, he did trust Yellow the most.

"Fine enjoy your stupid movie. But I'm going to my room." Green said as he slammed the front door shut before stalking to his bedroom. Why are these people his friends? He was just about to lie down and read a book when he heard a small knock on his bedroom door. ""Green? It's me Crystal."

Setting the book down on the bed, he walked over and calmly opened the door. "What do you need?" He asked, trying hard to seem friendly towards his friend that knew what the problem was. "Red and Gold just arrived."

"So?" He snapped watching her flinch, feeling bad he muttered out an apology. "Well this could be your only time to explain to him." She softly insisted before she smiled and walked away. Green let out a breath and closed the bedroom door. Talking to him will do nothing, he is just better waiting till they break up or something. Gold is to much of a player so it will blow over at some point.

Or that is what he thought as he glared at his bedroom ceiling a year later. Fuck it, maybe Crystal was right, he had to talk to Red and hopefully this sick feeling would go away. He turned down three other dates for this guy, so he really needed to do something here. Sitting up, Green reached for his phone and sent a quick text before getting up to get changed.

Walking to the kitchen, he stared out the window before he jumped when he doorbell went off. 'Okay Green, act cool, don't do anything stupid.' He opened the door and held the door open, letting Red walk into his apartment. "So why did you want me to come over all of a sudden? I mean it's not like you." Red said as he sat down, waiting for Green to explain himself.

"Well..... I need to talk to you." Green started out before he bit his lip. He watched as Red tilted his head and looked down at his watch. "Okay Green I need to go in ten minutes. I made dinner plans with Gold." Red said as he looked back at him. Green winced as his feeling shit through him, making him bite his tongue in pain. "Oh well this will take longer than ten minutes." Green said as he clenched his hands into fists.

"Oh. Well I don't think Gold will be to upset if he had to wait a little bit longer." Red said as he smiled at Green, making Green look away. "Oh okay....... Well might as well get this out in the open. Just let me ramble until I'm done alright?" Without waiting for Red to respond, Green started talking again.

"When you and Gold started dating I had no idea what to think, but as time went by I asked Crystal what was going on with me because I had this feeling that I didn't know. Well now I do and you guys are still dating and-" Red stood up and walked towards the door. "Wait I'm not done!"

Red turned around and glared at him. "What are you even trying to say? That you don't approve us dating? That he isn't good enough? That he isn't good enough for me?" Red shot at him, making Green speechless. Red groaned as he turned around to leave, making Green run in front of him. "No that is not what I was trying to say!?"

"Then what are you trying to say!?" Red yelled back at him, making Green flinch. Red rarely got mad at someone since he had so much patience but Green could tell that he was going to punch him if he didn't say something right now. "I have feelings for you!" Green shouted out and regretted it as soon as he was done saying it. Red stared at him with an unreadable expression, making Green fidget. It was a tense silence before Red started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Green growled out at he glared at the raven haired male. "Now you have feelings for me? After three years of me trying to give you hints? Now you just notice?" Green blinked feeling hopelessly confused. "What?"

Red shook his head. "And they call me oblivious. I moved on, you need to do the same thing." Green shook his head, backing himself up till he felt his back hit the door. "No." Red stared at him like he lost his mind. "What?"

"Don't leave, I don't like this feeling and you just made it worse. I don't want to feel it anymore. Is this what they call a crush?" Green asked as he looked at him. Red softened and nodded as he walked closer towards the brunet. "Yes it is." Red answered as he placed a hand on Green's cheek. "I don't like it."

"I know. You really don't like emotions you don't know." Red stated before he hugged Green close. Green not use to the contact, tensed up and nearly punched Red before the raven haired male grabbed his hands. "Just wait for me okay? If Gold and I don't work out, and I know it's not because I have seen the looks he gives Silver, I will happily be there with you."

Green nodded. This was so confusing but he will wait for Red if he wanted him to. All it takes is patience.