Why?

When Green got the call that Red had collapsed, he went to the hospital as quickly as possible. Two hours later the doctor told him that Red had a brain tumor.

Red's mother broke down crying, and Blue along with Yellow just stared at the floor. Green sat down and asked the question that everyone was wondering. "How bad?"

The doctor gave him a small smile and sighed. "He has six months to live."

Reds mother cried even louder as the two female pokedex holders gasp. Green bit his lip and looked away, fighting back the tears. The doctor sat down in front of them with his clipboard in hand.

"I know his is hard, but I have a few questions. Have any of you notice if he was starting to act different from normal lately?"

"Yes he was being more moody and he had headaches all the time. I never thought anything of it." Red's mother told the young doctor.

"Alright how about any trouble with speech or vision?"

"No I haven't notice anything." The older woman explained while looking at the three pokedex holders for confirmation. They all agreed with her.

The doctor nodded while scribbling away at his clipboard. "Any vomiting or seizers?"

Blue gasped as she realized something. "Oh my god! He was over at my place a couple of days ago because we were planning on doing something for him and he got very sick. He waved it off saying that he must of ate something."

"Wait what were you guys planning?" Green asked as he glared at her. "And you just let him wave it off! What is wrong with you!?" Blue glared back at the angry brunette. "Well I can't tell you what we were planning! And I thought it was nothing!"

"Alright settle down you guys. This is not helping." Yellow softly scolded.

"Actually I would like to know what you two were planning as well." Red's mother said quietly. Blue sighed and looked down at her hands, which were folded in her lap. "He had a crush on someone and he wanted me to help him confess."

"Who sweetheart? Please tell me." The older woman said with tears in her eyes. Blue looked over to see Yellow and Green watching her with wide eyes. She swallowed and let out a shaky breath.

"He wanted to confess to Green." Blue eventually told them as she fidgeted in her seat.

Green looked away, holding back a sob. Red liked him too? Well he certainly never expected that. He closed his eyes shut, trying to hold back the tears as a whimper left him.

"He wanted to tell you, and we had this wonderful plan to do it. But I guess it's not happening now." Blue continued. She grabbed a tissue out from her purse and wiped at her eyes. "Green if you love him back, please tell him. Oh god please."

Green stayed silent as his mind ran a thousand miles a minute. Of course he loved Red back. He had loved him for years now. He looked at Blue and nodded, before he whispered "You have no idea how much I do. I just never thought he would return the feelings."

She gave him a small smile before looking at the doctor. "May we see him?"

The doctor stayed silent as he nodded and lead all of them to Red's room. When they entered the small hospital room, they all winced when they saw Red laying there. He was pale and Green could see that he was shivering. "Red?"

The ill boy looks over and a small shy smile appears on his lips. "Green." He says softly. "Red, I don't understand – when- how-"

"Did I know that I had cancer?" He asks and Green nods silently. Red looks down at his hands. He sighs and looks back up to the brunet. "I suspected but I was scared to go to the doctors about it."