First day

Mark POV

"Mark? What are you doing up so early?" Jinyoung comes into the kitchen rubbing his eyes, his voice groggy.

"I'm getting ready for work." I smirk.

"Work? Stop lying to yourself." Jinyoung grabs a cup and pours the coffee I made into it.

"I'm not! I have a job. Just you watch. At the end of the week I'll bring home my check or whatever I get paid with. Just you wait Park Jinyoung!" I point my finger at Jinyoung.

"I'll be waiting!" Jinyoung yells from the kitchen as I dash to the door.

It's 5:35am. If I walk maybe just maybe I can make on time.

"You're late." Mr. Wang taps his foot with his arms crossed.

"I.... I'm....so sorry sir...I mean..master." I manage to say words through my pants.

"You ran here?"

"Yes sir I did!" I salute again. I love saluting. Makes me feel like a soldier.

"Sir?"

"Oh! I mean- yes master!" Oh gosh. I need to remember that.

"Only the first day and you failed to follow two rules." Mr. Wang walks away from the front door into his house.

I take my shoes off and I hurry behind him.

"Here." Mr. Wang hands me a plastic bag with some black clothes.

"Thank you!"

"Seriously, why do you yell so much?" Mr. Wang scratches his ear.

"It's a habit sir." I bow in apology.

But then I feel my ear getting pinched.

"OW! Ow ow ow ow!" Mr. Wang pinches and twists my ear. Luckily he releases my ear.

"W-why?" I hold my throbbing ear.

"What are you supposed to call me?"

"Master. Not sir but master."

"Good. Now go shower and change." Mr. Wang points to his stairs.

"Shower? At your house? Really!" I bounce on my feet.

"Yes. Just go." He waves me off.

His slippers slap against the tile as he walks away.

Yay! I get to take a shower in a fancy house! Beat that Jinyoung!

"Wow. Look at the difference. You look completely different when your clean and dirty." Mr. Wang looks at me and nods his head.

"I am clean! My clothes are just....broken."

"Right." Mr. Wang's voice shows no emotion.

"Your first task of the day is to clean the kitchen. You have an hour."

"An hour to clean all of this?! You're kidding right?" How can I clean this whole kitchen in an hour?

"Nope. Clean it. An hour. Starting now." Mr. Wang walks out the kitchen.

"You evil mutt." I mumble under my breath.

"What was that Mr. Tuan?" Mr. Wang's voice startles me.

"Nothing master! Cleaning the kitchen!" I grab the broom sitting on the wall.

Mr. Wang squints his eyes and walks away.

I sigh deeply. I'm not gonna quit. I'm going to clean this entire kitchen!