Winning

Mark POV

"BISCUITS CAN TALK!"

I spring up. My breathing is heavy.

"Holy chicken. That was an awesome dream."

I take in my surroundings....

"WHERE AM I? Oh wait...I forgot." I cover my hand over my mouth.

I forgot I'm at Mr. Wang's house. Oops.

But..how did I get here? I look at myself on the black leather couch.

"Why do you scream this early in the morning Mr. Tuan?" Mr. Wang walks into the living room.

"Sorry master. I had a weird dream." I stand and bow.

"A weird dream?" Mr. Wang cocks an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I became friends with big fluffy flaky biscuits. It was delicious yet terrifying." I speak with passion. I love biscuits.

Mr. Wang blinks. He sighs and shakes his head.

"Mr. Tuan, I'm honestly concerned about your well being."

"Thank you sir. Thank you for caring." I smile.

"But sir," I call after Mr. Wang once he tries to go back upstairs.

"How did I get here? I don't remember....all I remember is..I was crying and that's it."

"You cried yourself to sleep. I carried you in." Mr. Wang explains.

"Really?!" I ask completely shocked.

He carried me? Woah!

"I hope I wasn't too fat." I pat my stomach as I mumble to myself.

"What was that Mr. Tuan?" Mr. Wang asks me.

"Was I too fat to carry? I'm sorry. Did you hurt your back while carrying me? Are your muscles sore?" I run to Mr. Wang and massage his arms.

Mr. Wang looks at my hands on his arm and back at my face.

"Mr. Tuan, it's okay. You weren't heavy. You're like a toothpick." Mr. Wang grabs my hands and removes them from his arms.

"I'm like a toothpick? That's concerning...I need to eat more than." I stare at my belly.

"It's just a saying. You're light as a toothpick."

"So I need to eat more?" I look at Mr. Wang curiously.

"No you don't. You're fine. My God, you're slow." Mr. Wang runs his hand through his hair.

"I'm not slow. I'm not a tortoise." I'm offended.

"The tortoise won didn't he?" Mr. Wang says.

"He sure did! Just how I'm winning in life!" I chirp.

"Seriously? You're winning in life?" Mr. Wang scoffs.

"Yep! I may be homeless and broke and in debt but I'm still alive. God blessed me with my life and I'm thankful to still have it." I smile at Mr. Wang.

Mommy said that life is the most precious thing anyone could have. Without life we wouldn't understand happiness from sadness. Life mixes the two and creates a mixture of emotions.

It may not be perfect but I'm winning if I'm still breathing. That's all that counts.

Mr.Wang stares at me intensely.

"Even if you're in the most pain imaginable, you're still winning at life?" Mr. Wang asks.

"Yes! Even though it hurts that means your fighting. If you can walk through the pain, than you're an absolute winner. You'll die a winner if you fight the pain."

"What is your brain? How can you say that you're winning at life if you're fighting pain?" For the first time since I've met him, Mr. Wang seems angry.

"Master...are you fighting pain?" I step closer to Mr.Wang.

He comforted me. Does he need someone to comfort him?

"If you are fighting pain then you're the strongest fighter." I smile.

"Am I? Am I truly the strongest fighter? Aren't I the loser? I'm letting the pain take over me."

"No! The pain is the loser. It's like a bully bullying a kid who fights back. There's no point for the bully to continue cause it's no fun. The pain loses its affects once you win."

Mr. Wang looks at me grimly.

"How....you....unbelievable." Mr. Wang's shoulders drop.

His eyes lose their shimmer. His face is the same as the day of his fever. He looks so sad.

"Unlike you, I care about you. You can tell me if something is wrong master." I smile at Mr. Wang sweetly.

"No. I'm fine." Mr. Wang's cold voice hurts me.

"Do you....do you wanna hug? When you were sick, you said this was your medicine." I hold my arms out.

Mr. Wang looks at me with my arms spread.

Before he can say anything I interrupt him.

"Crying helps. Someone who's very nice and special to me told me this." I smile.

Mr. Wang bites his lip. He slowly walks into my arms.

"There you go." I pat his broad back. Mr. Wang's arms go around my waist.

He rests his face in my shoulder. His breath warms my skin.

"Are you feeling better master?"

Mr. Wang groans in response.

"Is that a yes or a no?"

Mr. Wang takes his face out of my shoulder and leans to my ear.

"No." His voice in my ear, surprises me.

"Master, you have a deep voice." I say honestly.

Mr. Wang releases himself from the hug.

"The room on the left. Upstairs." Mr. Wang stuffs his hands into his pockets.

"What? It needs to be cleaned?" I'm confused.

"No. It's yours. You don't have anywhere else to stay right?" Mr. Wang's cool eyes observe me.

My happiness went from 100 to 1000! HOLY GRAVY! HE'S LETTING ME LIVE HERE WITH HIM!

"Oh my God! Thank you master! Thank you thank you thank you!" I jump up and down.

Mr. Wang chuckles.

I'm so happy!

So happy, that I do the ritual mom told me to do when I feel like the happiest and most thankful person ever.

I grab Mr. Wang's face and press my lips to his cheek.

Mr. Wang freezes and looks extremely surprised.

"Mommy told me to do that whenever I feel really happy and thankful." I smile at Mr. Wang.

"Kiss someone's cheek?" Mr. Wang touches his cheek.

"That's what that's called? A kiss?" Woah. So putting your lips on something is kissing?

"You dont even know what a.....too innocent." Mr. Wang turns and starts to go upstairs.

"Is that bad master? Being innocent?" I ask as he walks up the stairs.

"Absolutely not. It's just painful for me." Mr. Wang mumbles the last part, I don't hear him clearly.

"What'd you say Mr. Wang?"

"Get to work Mr. Tuan. Just because you live here now, doesn't mean your duties are gone."

"Oh right! I'll get to work straight away master!"

Yay! I have a job and a place to live. I'm so happy.

Mark's happiness makes me jealous(:
Soooooo these two are cute aren't they(;
Thanks for reading!
Baaaaaaayyyyyyiiiiiieeeeee