Surprise

Mark's POV

"What should I get for Jackson's Christmas present?"

"Give him your ass, he'll be real happy." Dr. Kim smiles and nods his head.

"I can't give him my butt!" I protest.

"Yes. Yes you can." Jinyoung smirks.

I've been in the hospital for 5 months now. I wanna go home! Christmas is in a few days, I wish I could go home for Christmas.

"Can I go home doc?" I turn to the tall, dark haired man.

"Of course. When you get up and walk all on your own and when you can take a deep breath without wincing, you're free to go home." Dr. Kim smiles at me kindly.

"That's not fair!" I yell.

I can probably walk but my chest hurts real bad when I breath. Today, my chest feels worst than ever.

"You should be happy. You get to do your favorite thing: nothing." Jinyoung stares at me knowingly.

"Whatever. I rather be with Jackson than here. No offense Dr. Kim." I grumble.

"None taken. I rather be with my husband than be here but, work is work. And work equals money." Dr. Kim shrugs.

He reminds me of Tammy when she kicked me out and broke my guitar.

"You're married? I would've never..." Jinyoung looks at Dr. Kim shocked.

"What? I'm ugly? I don't care what you think, I'm sexy in my eyes." Dr. Kim runs his hand through his hair.

I laugh. Dr. Kim is awesome.

"No. It's just..you're so young."

"And Mark is 24 and this innocent, the world and it's inhabitants are strange beings." Dr. Kim retorts.

"I'm a good boy!" I smile.

"You sure he doesn't have little space?" Dr. Kim asks Jinyoung. The two of them stare at me from across the room.

"I'm sure. That's just the way he is since I met him." Jinyoung responds.

"Mark!" The door to my room bursts open.

I jump from the sudden female voice.

In the doorway to my room, my beloved big sister, Tammy Tuan, stands with glaring eyes and her arms crossed. Her black dress and her hair pushed into a bun, she sure is intimidating.

"Oh..uhh...hey sis." I smile at her weakly. This is awkward.

"What are you doing here, bitch?" Jinyoung glares at her.

"No one wanted to tell me about your accident?" Tammy walks towards me.

"I thought you wouldn't care." I answer quietly.

"We're family Mark, how can you not call your sister and tell her about the accident you were in?"

"You're one fucked up sister." Jinyoung scoffs.

"Mind your business, Park. If you two could kindly leave, me and my brother have some private matters to deal with."

Jinyoung tries to argue but I stop him.

"Just go. It's only a talk." I reassure him.

Jinyoung and Dr. Kim leave the room with unsteady eyes. Once the door is closed, Tammy and I only stare at each other.

I haven't seen her in months and here she is, glaring daggers into my soul.

"Nice to see you too Tam." I laugh nervously.